Best shipping app integrations if for maiking poster tubes

Color
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm in the final stages of setting up my store and I just realized that Shopify Shipping doesn't cover maiking tubes. That information really should be displayed more prominently on their sote.

Anyways, what are some work arounds or  apps to have the shipping calculated at checkout?

I am  mailing 12x18 cardstock posters with an insert and packing list.

Replies 3 (3)

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @Color,

To have Shopify to calculate and display shipping rates from different carriers at checkout, you need to enable the carrier calculated rates feature on your store. There are 3 options for that:

• Upgrade your plan to Advanced Shopify Plan
  • Add this feature for an additional $20/month on your current Shopify plan
  • Choose a yearly subscription for your current Shopify plan, with which you can get this option for free.

You can contact Shopify support to enable this in your store.

However, depending on the carrier you are using to ship, you might have to use a different app to integrating the carrier with your store since Shopify directly integrates with only few carriers.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

nikkyb
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Color, I’m doing the same and just ran into the same problem.  

Curious how (if) you solved this.  I’m thinking of putting a tube in a box.  Inspired by this guy’s YouTube - he does a very nice job of packaging!

https://youtu.be/OTXzUr0prKg

Happy to think along with you if that helps, I’m dealing with the exact same issue.

Cheers

Color
Visitor
2 0 0

I ended up using Pirate Ship so that I could mail the posters in tubes.  I watched the YouTube video that you mentioned and that is an interesting process.  That said, it looks like he is using a custom box size, mailing tubes, tissue paper and packing take which seems like it would add on a lot of extra cost.  Depending on how he is marketing his service, that could be something that helps him to charge customers a higher price.