I will summarize below what happened and the reasons I feel we have been singled out and unfairly treated.
1. We have been kicked off of Shopify Payments without explanation and are now forced to pay an extra 2% for not using the service. We have been told that we, the owners of the account, cannot know the reason we have been kicked off because of “privacy” reasons - whose privacy? It’s our account isn't it?
2. We were originally given one reason for being kicked off, that we needed to verify a credit card on file, which we did, but then we were immediatley given another reason, that we have a high risk of returns. But that seems like a bogus reason since, first off, we have had zero returns, and in any case, we are not the ones who process, print, ship or handle returns. We work with a print company, similar to Printful or many others, which is approved by Shopify and who processes orders through a verified Shopify app. They take the orders, process them, print, ship and handle returns. We cannot know if they entire company is being banned or just us. My feeling it is just us, but we cannot know why.
3. To add insult to injury, our payouts are being suddenly being withheld for at least 3 months as a result, but we are not given the amount or a firm date. Why are we being penalized in this way? We use that money to pay the print service!
4. Furthermore, we now have to pay an extra 2% fee for not using Shopify Payments, even though we decided to use it, got approved, and have been, without a single issue, recieveing orders and getting our payouts.
5. And because we cannot get further information, we are not able to appeal the decision, which we are told is final, nor are we able to correct the problem, if in fact the problem even lies with us.
6. We are also told there are no managers to speak to because of the “non-traditional” structure which means that we have zero power discuss the issue, escalate it, appeal it, or to even understand what happened. This sounds like an attempt to shut down all inquiries and feels very disrespectful, especially since we have done nothing wrong.
I cannot understand how and why a company would treat its customers this way and if we havent already built part of our business around using this Shopify approved print service, I would never want to use Shopify again. We pay a monthly fee to get treated like this? Since we are locked in to our business model and have customers ordering, we cannot do a thing about it - Shopify has immense power to affect our business in this way, without even the courtesy of an explanation, or the ability to correct the problem. Any reasonable person should find this unacceptable.
This feels like we are being singled out and are being treated unfairly, not even being able to know why this is happening. We would like to remedy the sitation but we are told we cannot. What kind of company does this?