Big and Small Item shipping

Highlighted
3 0 0

First, I have Carrier-Calculated Shipping added to my account.

I have some items that need to ship in 24x2x2 boxes and some items that do not. I can set up rules so that if these items are in the order it uses the "Tube Shipping" option. But if someone adds another non tube item it changes the whole pricing structure incorrectly. And these other items will not fit in the 24x2x2 boxes.

Is there a way to add dimensions to a product so that the CCS shipping will know how to handle shipping? Or can I set it up so the two items ship separately with two different shipping options/labels? I tried the Advanced Shipping Rules app, but it is good for setting rates, not letting the carrier determine proper price.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
48 5 7

Hello,

How much does the pricing change once adding another item.  Is the cost higher or lower?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Cost is lower as it now ignores rules set by Tube mailing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
48 5 7

Most of my items ship with 18x14x5. I have that set as my default box. 

I don't know how you added different dimensions for different products, so what i did is create another shipping rule with the few items that ship by 19x16x16. The only thing i had to do was mark up the price by a crazy (170%) for it to go with the actual shipping for 19x16x16.

I just tested it in my cart and added two items with same dimension and it goes with the 19x16x16.  

Did you try marking the price up?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I know I can set up "set" pricing, but I am trying to use the Carrier Created Shipping so that customers on one coast are not paying more than necessary for shipping. So it might cost $12 on the east coast and $19 on the west coast. I don't want to charge $19 to cover all potential costs, I'd like to get the accurate pricing from the carrier.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
48 5 7

It should still work.  I have carrier created rates.  My 19x16x16 (9 lbs.) and 16x14x5 (5 lbs.)(separate or combined) cost less to ship on east coast ( where im based), and more on west coast. The shipping cost for customer is pretty much the regular rate i pay for to ship their item to them.

But weight still may be a factor.  I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that helps you calculate accurate shipping costs based on your product dimensions & weight. You can add custom boxes based on your product weight & dimensions and the app automatically chooses the right box based on the customer input. Also, the app helps you handle the shipping process as well.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes