Big challenges: No payment Gateway for middle east as a small entrepreneur

5 0 0
I am now facing a big challenge. I wasn't able to start my small dropshipping business here in the middle east due to some major concerns regarding payment gateway.

Recently, I've searched for a lots of possible solution on how to integrate and accept credit, debit card payment for my store thinking that this is the easiest way as long as the conversion is a concern.

Now, I have only one option and this option is to use PayPal as my gateway. The problem now is PayPal interface seems not user-friendly especially for those people residing here in gulf countries. Another problem was there is no guest check out which leads to confusion etc resulting in loss of sales.

I am tired looking and registering on those scattered payment gateway companyavailable online that requires bunch of documents as well as physical address and business permits like 2check out, paytabs and stripe.

Now, I cannot move forward to my business

Hope that there will be a vest solution for this kind of situation

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2286 152 313

Hi @JeedShop,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask what country you are in, in the middle east? Shopify is partnered with payment gateways in several countries which you can see in the screenshot below or via the link here:

19-09-nvopf-k81n5

I know you mentioned some of the gateways needing documents in your post, which is normal for legal and tax reasons. Many gateways need you to have a registered legal business name before proceeding. 

Other than these options, it would be fairly limited in the choice you have for payment gateways in your store. I hope this helps answer some of the questions you're looking for. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0
No option except PayPal, but PayPal seems not suitable and user-friendly to
my customer because sometimes the button of ''pay via debit/credit card" is
missing which cause to leave and abandon the cart for those who don't want
to create a paypal account
0 Likes