Billed Prematurely, Was Planning On Cancelling Subscription

Highlighted
3 0 0

I opened my store a few months ago, but decided I was going to close my store before the 3 month trial period expired due to challenges with COVID-19. My free trial was supposed to expire on August 13 because that is when I opened my store, but I was just billed today (August 11) for $30.00. I really cannot afford this charge at the moment, and I was disappointed to see that Shopify billed me prematurely like this. 

One of the primary reason I chose Shopify over other e-commerce solutions was I heard the customer service was great, so I was really hoping I could get a refund for the premature charge. I would also like to close my store for the time being, and I may decide to start a new one with Shopify when the economy starts to recover. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello, @Ncha!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! I can definitely look into this for you. Are you wanting to close your store and put in a refund request? If so, we can take this conversation to email so that I can look into your account for you. To make sure that this charge wasn't a monthly subscription charge, can you review the invoice from within your Shopify Admin> Settings> Billing and click on your recent invoice. You should be able to see the invoice details there. If the charge is a subscription charge - let me know here and I'll send you an email from the email address you have on account for your Shopify Forum account. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Karlie,

I believe the charge was a subscription charge, but I was billed prematurely for it since my trial should have ended on the 13th. I was hoping to get a refund and close my account. I would love to move this conversation to email, thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hello,

I just wanted to follow up my previous message because I would like to
close my store and receive a refund for the premature billing. Thank you so
much!

Best,
Noah
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello again, @Ncha!

Karlie here! I've gone ahead and sent you an email to the same email address on account for your Shopify Forums Community account. Just simply reply back to that email and we can get started on looking into that charge for you. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you via email!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have also tried closing my store, domain and any apps associated to my shopify store but it keeps saying that I have an oustanding invoice, yet they just withdrew money from my account 2 days ago of which I need a refund, because nothing was installed, yet I was charged.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello, @PanAfricanQueen!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Shopify invoices as well. Our team would be happy to look into this for you. You can reach out to our team by chat, email or callback by following the prompts in our Help Center, here

Thank you for reaching out! 

0 Likes