Billed after cancelling 14 Day free Trial

Rutabaga
1 0 0

Hello!

I had recently opened up a webshop that was open for an exclusive 24 hour drop. I then thought I stopped the trial after the 14 days. I needed to make sure I fulfilled the orders so I didn't close down the store but I believed I paused the store causing billing to not occur and still am able to keep the client information so I can get their orders out.

I was just billed today (Only 12 days after I put in my card details) and was wondering what I should do in order to get the $30 back. I understand that in the ToS you only allow refunds on special circumstances but I was under the assumption I already canceled the subscription.

Thanks and I hope someone can help me out!

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 111 125

Hi @Rutabaga,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out and for letting us know. 

Great question! So when a store is first opened, this would be the start of your 14-day free trial. The trial wouldn't begin when the card is added as you've mentioned. By adding a card though, this will allow merchants to launch the store and customers can then access the checkout.

While I wouldn't be able to guarantee a refund, I can certainly take a closer look at the account and let you know. I've emailed you privately to help authenticate the account so please keep an eye out for my email. 

How did you find the platform while you were using it? If you've any feedback, I'd be happy to pass this along to the team! 

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Chucho24
1 0 0

Hi There, I also signed up for a trial and forgot to cancel and was billed.  I realized I was ready to set up a store. How can I get the amount refunded?  Thank you. 

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 111 125

Hi @Chucho24,

Thanks for letting me know! For the account to be reviewed for a refund, the account will need to be closed. Is the store still open? If so, you should be able to close it as shown here. You can also pause the store if you would prefer, as mentioned in this guide

Once it's closed please let me know and I'll pop you an email after (just so I can authenticate the account and review everything in full). 

Many thanks 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes