Billing Address Not Available in Fraud Protection?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi there - Can you help me understand why the Fraud Protection lists the "Billing Address" or Credit Card's address" as unavailable in the assessment, while it's provided by the customer and available in the Shopify dashboard? 

Billing Address Not Available

Thank you!

-Eric

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 76 271

Hey, Eric. 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

The fraud analysis tool uses a variety of different indicators to determine whether or not an order has a higher chance of receiving a chargeback. While your customer does supply their billing/shipping information, you may still see that this information is "unavailable" as it's not information that was cross-checked. This would appear for one of two reasons. One reason this wouldn't show as available is that the payment processor you use isn't set up to cross-check the address provided to what is listed on the customers' card. Alternatively, it could be that the customers' credit card company didn't relay this information to the payment processor. 

Nevertheless, while this may show as unavailable, there would still have been a variety of other indicators that the system would have used to help determine the potential risk level the order posed. I'd recommend reviewing our document on the fraud analysis tool as this can provide further insight into how the tool works and ways you can prevent fraud from happening on your store. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter M
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes