Billing ID

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

when i first set up my store my desired URL was  ot availale so i named it somthing just to get started, i then purchased and linked my new purchased domain.   BUT, the admin url is now appearing on bank statments....   I want customers to see the name of my store and not this temporarry admin url,  how can i change this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 30 98

Hey, @fabshopco!

Ava here from Shopify!

The customer statement descriptor can be changed within Settings>Payments Providers>Edit (under Shopify Payments). That being said additional information that shows on a statement is not in our control, this comes from the banks/credit card companies. For more information, you can take a look at our support docs on this topic here. Changing the descriptor there should help you out.

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Thank you Ava,  Is there any way to change that initial set up myshopify URL ?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 30 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey again!

I'm afraid there is no way to change the initial myshopify.com URL. Once you choose a store name, that becomes your URL, so for example - yourstore.myshopify.com. All of your admin links would be to this domain, for example: yourstore.myshopify.com/admin or /admin/products. So this store name and domain URL will need to exist and remain the same as it was when you created the store in order for the /admin links to work correctly.

You can purchase a custom domain at a later stage to hide the .myshopify part of the URL, this is quite common. Once you add in your custom domain (for example yourstore.com), the custom domain will be all that the customer sees.

Let me know what you think!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Buenos días Ava, a mí me paso lo mismo que a 

0 Likes