Billing address mismatches credit card address

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! Could you please help me with this problem?

I tried to purchased an item in the shopify-powered shop, however my transaction was rejected because "Billing address mismatches credit card address", as customer support told me.
I've rechecked the information several times and checked the credit card address with bank. Everything seems correct.

Do you know what can cause this problem then?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1060 88 117

Hi @Anastasiya,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

Online Store's that use Shopify to host or sell their services would be individual store's ran by the store owners themselves. In regards to the checkout, the account owner would need to connect with a payment gateway to accept funds for orders such as Stripe or Paypal for example. If you are seeing an error at the checkout, you will need to contact the store's customer service directly for more information. They will be able to view your order in full and contact the payment gateway if needed or they might have a fraud protection step in place that might be affecting the checkout. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Ted,

Can you remove the post on my profile? I've got a problem that when you google my site, the post appears as first result, please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1060 88 117

Hi @KingofStreet,

Sure thing, that's been removed for you there! If you would like our staff to remove any more posts, please report your post as shown in this screenshot and our Community Manager will take care of it from there within a few short business days. 

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes