Why am I still being billed after deactivating my account?

ozonebottles
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I am still being billed after de-activating my account. Can I please be refunded. Not sure why this is happening. I just had to re-activate my account, so i could reach out to you guys here, so that’s the only reason it is re activated right now.

This has been happening for two months and i’ve been trying to reach out to somebody and it has been a very stressful process. I do not have much money right now due to covid and really need shopify to stop billing me for a de activated account and receive a refund.

Please help, thanks.

Replies 3 (3)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @ozonebottles 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

When it comes to refund requests it is best to reach out to Shopify Support directly as we do need to authenticate you as the owner of the account in order to take a look at your account and issue a refund. I will be reaching out to you directly via email to authenticate you as the owner of the account. I will need you to respond to my email so that I can process this refund and ensure you do not get billed again.

In the future, to reach out to our support team please do visit the Help CentreWhen on the Help Centre page, you should see Support > Contact Support in the main menu or there's a Contact Shopify Support button near the end of the page. The Help Centre will try and suggest guides first to resolve your query, however, if none of these suit your needs then please keep clicking the Contact Shopify Support button at the end of the page instead. 

In some cases, Chrome extensions and cache can interfere with the Help Centre's login/authentication process and you might experience a "loop" when trying to contact our support. If this happens, I'd recommend clearing your cache or tlog out of your Help Centre account and access our support as a guest instead as shown in this short video. Our advisors can authenticate the account later if needed or our Facebook and Twitter support would be happy to help instead. You are welcome to contact us here on Twitter or here on Facebook.

Speak Soon,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

jova23
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Bo, I was just testing shopify and tried to close my store but couldn't because I forgot my password. And shopify password reset email was late so shopify charged me before a few minutes closing my store. Can i get refund?

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @jova23 

As per my previous comment, when it comes to refunding requests it is best to reach out to Shopify Support directly as we do need to authenticate you as the owner of the account in order to take a look at your account and issue a refund. I will be reaching out to you directly via email to authenticate you as the owner of the account. I will need you to respond to my email so that I can process this refund and ensure you do not get billed again. In the meantime please make sure your account is closed so that we can process this refund. 

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.