Billing

skyedyebycj
3 0 0

Hello, I have noticed for my last few monthly bills for my website I have been charged twice each month. Could you please help to rectify this. Thanks,Claire 

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 124 170

Hi, @skyedyebycj,

Hank here from Shopify.

That is certainly odd, are they both coming from the one store? Are they appearing within the Settings > Billing section?

Or is there a chance that you have more than one store active? If unsure, you can try this link and it will detail any store that is linked to your email(s).

Are the amounts the same each month and do they both state they are Shopify charges?

Let me know, and I will certainly assist you with getting to the bottom of this.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
notafan
1 0 0

I'm being charged twice too. Are you guys hard up for revenue, you have to charge every store twice?

I'm waiting for a response in chat at this moment. If i don't get one, I'll be in touch with my lawyer TODAY! 

My account shows ONE store. My email HAD a previous trial - that would not let me login, and I was able to create a new account with the same email. 

I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS TO CONTINUE. WE WILL NOT SUPPORT YOU WITH OUR OWN DOWNFALL BY PAYING TWICE FOR EACH STORE. STOP STEALING OUR MONEY OR ELSE YOU WILL BE SUED. 

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 124 170

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, @notafan.

As I mentioned above, this is not the way that Shopify generate their billing invoices, and the most common cause is that there is an old, non canceled store that is still charging you. You did state that you can only see one store associated with your store, but clearly, there is something not quite right here.

Did you reach a decision with our live chat team the other day? If not, let me know, and I will happily look into this further for you.

0 Likes
allrasta
1 0 1

I also have been twice for the last three months.  I had my credit card at Capital One reverse the charges while they investigated.  Shopify stated that the the charges were correct, so the charges were again put on my credit card.  I have paused my store until I get this corrected.  If I can not get this corrected I will seek a legal solution.

Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 124 170

Thank you for reaching out about this, @allrasta.

What I would recommend doing is contacting the live teams about this, as they can query with the Finance teams to see what the issue might be. Without looking at your account, I would be unable to give you the information needed to try to determine what the issue might be.

It may be linked to pro-rated billing (if there was an issue with the previous payments), third-party app charges, or additional fees depending on your plan. As I mentioned, account access would be needed and currently, I would not be able to access this via the Community Forums. Please visit The Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. Once logged in, search for a topic to try to assist you with this query, and you will see the option to continue to get to the live support teams below these topics.

Once account access is granted, then the team will happily investigate this further for you.

All the best.

0 Likes