Bitcoin

Highlighted
1 0 0

The lack of action on this issue is ridiculous.

The message is clear: If you want bitcoin integration, you should move your store over to 3dcart.

http://blog.3dcart.com/configure-your-3dcart-store-to-accept-bitcoins-today/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 6

This is incredible regarding the feedback on BitCoin needs.  Although the currency isn't stable and the value of the BitCoin changes rapidly, others would still like to have the solution installed?  

Please, please share your thoughts on this!  We have integrated BitCoin solutions for select clients but they were one off opportunities.  We see BitCoins as a platform with a lot of risks but from the feedback, businesses are willing to accept that risk? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I don't think it's much risk if the business can choose to have most of every transaction automagically converted to the local fiat.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 6

Interesting 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Yes, it can be a risk ansd instable, but the more people use it, the stronger it becomes. Plus, its a statement saying "you bank go and f#$K yourself!" and that in itself is worth the risk!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 6

I think this group sold me.  Now the tough question, would you pay a transaction fee of $0.25 to complete the integration and payment per sale? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

on top of the shopify fee?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I'd pay it, however I don't see any reason why they'd have to include it. Being one of the first major e-commerce sites to offer integration would drive enough traffic to make it worthwhile for them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 6

I think your missing the economics of Bitcoins, it's not a free commerce.  A developer or tech company needs to create systems to buy and sell Bitcoins.  Someone is going to want a fee per transaction to do this plus server and management expense.  No one is going to do this for free - I'm trying to figure out the worth of a Bitcoin transaction. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Sure, there may be a fee associated with a bitcoin transaction, but it'll be far less than what currently exists. So if that's what you're saying (i.e. a flat .25 cent rate that is not in addition to their current fee schedule) I agree.

But how then do you calculate the 0.25 cents fee? How much will it cost them to run? Bitstamp.net has a fee schedule that goes to 0.5% or less of currency transactions.

0 Likes