Block add to cart by zip/state

Highlighted
8 0 0

Our site is wholesalewaterheater.com
We have some items that are local pick-up only. These items are not available for shipping.
Despite a pop-up that clearly states the item does not ship, buyers still add to cart and place order.
Is there a way to prevent these items from being added to the cart if they are out of the local pick-up area.
Example...We have a sku...PROG40-38N RH62. When you add this to your cart, a pop-up appears stating "we do not ship...etc"
A customer ignored, or did not read this and proceeded to place an order, which we had to cancel.
Is there a solution to this.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 31 60

Hi, @Atlas_Plumbing!

Sophia here from Shopify.

It's great to hear that you've been proactive in adding a pop-up to inform your customers. I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't always been effective, but luckily there are several apps that will help you limit your local pick-up option to specific states or zip codes only. Here are a few apps I know of that will allow you to set shipping rates based on location:

If none of these options work for you, there are several other apps for shipping rates based on location here, including some that are specifically for in-store pick-up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
8 0 0

Yeah, using Advance Shipping Rules right now.  Biggest problem with it is, it's just so darn difficult to set-up. Having said that though, their support is top notch and has spend alot of time configuring for me. The other problem(?) is, if we change our policy, we need to almost start again, and the ask the developer for help.

I was hoping for something simpler to set-up

Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 31 60

No problem! I'm happy to hear that despite setup issues, the customer support for the Advanced Shipping Rules app has been helpful. I'm sure they appreciate any feedback you're able to provide them and will be able to take it into consideration with any updates they're planning.

In the meantime, I'll be sure to submit feedback to the appropriate teams here too in case we're able to include a feature like this going forward. I know that product-specific or location-specific shipping rates are something I've seen quite a few stores implement, and we're always looking to improve the platform. Thank you!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes