Blocking purchases of certain items in international orders

Highlighted
Excursionist
58 0 4

I have some products such as flammable liquids that cannot be shipped internationally.  How and where would I indicate this and block people from certain countries from purchasing these items?

I am using Ship Station, but I believe that marking this in Ship Station will not stop it from being purchased.

Is there a way to have a notice along the lines of "this product is not available to your address" pop up?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
227 0 23

Hey there!

The best work around to prevent these specific products from being ordered would be to give them an obscure weight (ie. 500lbs or something) and set your international shipping rates to be based on a weight lower than that. That way if someone tries to order the '500lb' flammable liquid and your shipping rate is 0-200lbs, the customer will see this error message:

That way it won't be able to be ordered. Hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions.

Thea
Shopify Guru | thea@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I want to set product weight less than 10g and in shipping zone i want to set 20g but it is not working for me

@Thea5 wrote:

Hey there!

The best work around to prevent these specific products from being ordered would be to give them an obscure weight (ie. 500lbs or something) and set your international shipping rates to be based on a weight lower than that. That way if someone tries to order the '500lb' flammable liquid and your shipping rate is 0-200lbs, the customer will see this error message:

That way it won't be able to be ordered. Hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions.

Thea
Shopify Guru | thea@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Please help

0 Likes