Bloqued account.

Solved
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello.

My account is in this verification procress when your payments gets retained and they request you for a photo of an identifyng document, i send the photo and contacted support a few days ago and now im with 2000€ (and going up) of retained money in my account, and i have to pay orders, ads... you know.

If anyone can help me with this, i would be grateful.

Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 57 79

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @PabloG,

Hank here from Shopify.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your store, and with the delay in the time needed to resolve this issue. We aim to provide a high standard of quality when it comes to our Merchants, and due to the impact of the global pandemic, the Risk team is under increased pressure to respond to the high number of cases they have.

With these account cases, it is only the Risk team that is able to access these accounts, and that is why support would not have access to this information, and the best information to give is, to wait for a response from the Risk team.

Now I know that is far from ideal as you are wanting to get your payments issue resolved, and we want that too, but good news is that this does not affect your store from receiving orders. With regard to an update on your case, there is no timeframe I can give on when this will be resolved. That said, I can take a closer look at your case and see if I can get an update for you, at least that would be the most up to date information I can get for you.

Now as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account first. So I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

I truly appreciate your patience so far with this issue.

All the best, Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
6 0 0

Hi.

I understand the situation. I will continue like until now, just running the store normally and affording the costs as far i can.

Just a little question to be calm, how much power does shopify have over the withheld money?

Thanks for helping!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 57 79

Thank you for your understanding with this, my friend.

With regard to your payments, they are actually being held for review by the banking partners, like a limbo state. So Shopify, nor the banking partners are actually holding your money, it is just frozen until the situation is resolved.

Then once the Shopify payments issue has been resolved, your payouts will resume as normal, including any of the previous payments that are still owed to you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes