Braintree Payment Gateway missing

2 0 1

Hello,

I had integrated Braintree successfully into one of the online stores that I am managing.

Now that it's proven quite stable, we intend to integrate into the rest of the shopify stores we have.
Braintree has created the respective accounts for us and now what's left is the integration process. 

Under the Payment -> Accept Credit Card dropdown, Braintree used to appear in this list, but now it's not there anymore.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? It wasn't long ago that we can easily select Braintree and start accepting payment.

Thanks.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 5

Hi there,

My name is Michael, I’m a Guru here with Shopify, thanks for getting in touch. :)

I can definitely appreciate your feelings on this issue and I'm sure I would feel the same were I in your position. I understand setting up the payment options for a business can be difficult. However, striving to keep the process as frictionless and also as cost effective as possible is Shopify's north star and so, to keep prices stable, we rely on partners of all kinds to adopt a revenue share model with us to mutually benefit our respective businesses. At this point in time, we could not come to a reciprocal solution with Braintree, and have decided to pause the relationship. I know that this must be frustrating to hear but I hope I've at least clarified the situation for you.

Best of luck with your Business going forward!

Kind Regards,

Michael O.

Shopify Guru.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Thank you for the reply Michael. It is indeed frustrating to hear that.

Are there any other method to use Braintree as third party gateway? Or is there anyone experienced enough to help us in this area? If the price is right, we don't mind engaging some help.

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hi Michael,

I'm sure as many others, we just spent quite a bit of time and effort going through the Braintree approval process, now you have successfully blind sided us just before the prime holiday season, short of setting our stock on fire I respectfully don't see how matters could have been made worse.

With all respect, this is extremely unprofessional and poor behaviour, the integration with a main payment gateway provider was removed with no notice to any of the users and nothing forthcoming, and while it's not geared in any way at a particular person, margins are what make or break us all but hopefully there is a world where such things can be agreed with end users as well, we would have happily paid 0.5% more in fees if that were to solve the pressing issue.

We would really welcome an alternative suggestion, since integrating with a different payment provider in a suitable timeframe is at this stage not an option.

Regards,
Flavian

1 Like
Trailblazer
195 0 84

Braintree used to be supported in Shopify correct?

Can anyone provide me with the date it was removed?

Because we've restructured our business in a different country with plans of using braintree + Paypal as our primary payment option (which has taken around 1 year to do) and now I'm finding out we can't use braintree?

This is a big problem for us.

Things like this make me want to move off Shopify, as this is not the first time for us these problems have occured with disputes on kickbacks with payment gateways. This was actually the reason we went through the hassle of restructing our entire business so that we could use a payment gateway which was properly supported in Shopify (Braintree).

Confirmed, this used to be a payment option with Shopify and I'm not crazy:

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20160313074817/https://www.shopify.com/payment-gateways/united-stat...

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

Hey all,

For those that want to integrate braintree via Shopify and also including 3-D secure we have wallee.com that offers a viable option. You can integrate Braintree again via the Off-site payment gateway. More information can be found on the Braintree Landing Page.

Regards

Sascha

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

Hey all,

For those that want to integrate braintree via Shopify and also including 3-D secure we have wallee.com that offers a viable option. You can integrate Braintree again via the Off-site payment gateway. More information can be found on the Braintree Landing Page.

Regards

Sascha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
195 0 84

I just got this information from a contact at Shopify. I've been trying to use Braintree integration for a year or so now, but they've refused to enable it for me.

Shopify does now support Braintree, but only to Shopify Plus customers.

If you'd like to use Braintree, I suggest you let Shopify know about this. There was never a technical reason why Braintree could not be used, but a contract dispute with regards to how much Shopify could revenue share with Braintree on the fees they collect from merchants. Braintree refused to provide what Shopify considered a reasonable revenue share, since their rates are low and probably provide slim margins (also Braintree is main competitor to Stripe, which Shopify uses as backend Shopify Payments) so Shopify removed Braintree as supported gateway for merchants.

If you'd like to use Braintree on regular Shopify, please contact Shopify and let them know. 

Just got some great news...  BrainTree and Shopify have revived their relationship and now Plus merchants can use BT as a payment gateway! It's not listed to the public but we will let merchants use it.  

Sorry to surprise this on you guys. I know you were quite frustrated last year when we took away Braintree. With this being said, I know how crucial Braintree is to your business, so wanted to let you be aware of your options. 

Using Braintree is a Shopify Plus exclusive. 

The subscription pricing for Plus is $2,000 USD per month, up until you generating $800,000 in monthly sales, at which point the pricing changes to 0.25% of sales since $800k * 0.25% = $2,000. This sliding scale model is in place up until you generating more than $16 million USD in any given month, at which point there is a cap of $40,000 USD/month. 

1 Like
Excursionist
38 0 8

I wish Shopify would support Braintree. My company is dependent on Braintree. At least, make it available to Advanced Shopify customers.

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

Dear John Did you have a look at https://wallee.com/features/braintree-shopify.html 

It is a fully fledge Braintree integration via the offsite gateway of Shopify. 

0 Likes