Bug with Canada Post Carrier shipping rates plugin

Shopify Partner
29 0 8

There is a bug with the Shopify Canada Post carrier shipping rates plugin. In the situation where this is added to a zone and the plugin can't generate a rate (i.e. weight too high), Shopify will block ALL rates (even if there's a manual rate, price based, weight based, or another shipping app) and display the following error "Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order."

This is technically incorrect as if Canada Post can't produce a rate, doesn't mean that there are no other valid shipping options.

Anyone else encountered this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 22 36

Hi, @Parcel_Intellig!

Sophia here from Shopify. I have come across this error message in the checkout before, but the cause is typically either unique to the store's shipping settings or to a browser caching issue. If you've already tried clearing your browser's cache or are seeing this error message appear consistently across multiple browsers and/or devices, please let me know and I can get in touch with you via email to investigate.

It's helpful to ensure that the rates you've selected for Shopify Shipping with Canada Post not only work with your product weights, but also the saved packages under Settings > Shipping > Packages. If you're able to, please share screenshots of the shipping settings and/or your store URL here so the community can have a look and help you out.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
29 0 8
Hi Sophia,

That's not the issue here, this is for a merchant store and my dev store
aren't setup in CA so i don't have the CA Post option.

The issue here, is even though the order does not qualify for Canada Post,
Shopify blocks shipping for the entire order, even though there are other
valid rates either setup based on weight, price or via another shipping
app. Shopify should not be blocking shipping to the entire order but still
show the valid rates. If we disable the Canada Post plugin, for the same
order and destination, we would see the other shipping rates.

Thanks
Min
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 22 36

Hi, @Parcel_Intellig.

I understand. Are you listed as one of the staff on the merchant's store? If so, I can email you in order to investigate. The Community here won't be able to help much without screenshots and/or a store link, but I'd be happy to take a closer look on my end if you're not able to share that information publicly.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
29 0 8
Hi Sophia,

Yes and no, it was with a merchant store I was working with, however the
Canada Post app has now been disabled and replaced, therefore it's no
longer a good example to test on.

I just wanted this to be bought to the attention of Shopify and the
community as no doubt others would be scratching their heads over similar
issues. There should be enough information for Shopify to reproduce and
find the issue.

Thanks
Min
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 22 36

Hi, @Parcel_Intellig.

The "Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order." error message isn't specific to a particular carrier or app, and it can appear for a variety of reasons. We can't investigate the issue without details about the store's shipping settings or a store link to troubleshoot, so if this comes up again with any store you're working on, please let our support team know or ask the merchant to contact us so we can help resolve the issue.

0 Likes