Bulk edit shopify default weight by KG

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi guys is someone experiencing this kind of problem my products weighed by Grams uploaded by CSV file , found out that shopify by default settings weight is in KG , even thou my csv file by default is Grams but this not carried during importation so need change all in Grams manually which is completely waste of time. If you dont change, customer not able to check out and says no available method in the location.

Need help pls
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
267 28 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Algien,

Hyde here from Shopify. Interesting question!

The weights and formats used in your store are set in Settings > General, as you can see in my own test store:

20-03-nvmki-chp55

So you will need to ensure that this is set to the metric you want to be used when importing products.

You can update products in bulk using the bulk editor (more here) by going to Products > Select All > Edit Products:

20-03-s4avs-210fn

Using a CSV is a great alternative means of updating your products in one go, but you need to be sure to use the correct CSV format to ensure there are no errors during upload. More on that here.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions I'm happy to hear them.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Hyde

Thanks for yr efficient responce, that possible because it was set as imperial my settings before importing my files. Now change it to metric so I hope next import all goes well , will try tonight. Thankyou again.
0 Likes