Business Registration Document for shopify payments UK

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Good luck - they escalated my case too and 10 days later we are still nowhere. I keep uploading things (vat reg, my tax return!) and still nothing. They have no clue what they’re doing I’m afraid. And in the middle of a pandemic when we are all struggling. Shameful. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 3

Same here except i cant even upload anything. I can attach a file but there is no button to submit. I’m not vat registered so don’t even have that to submit. Not sure what they want or how to do this.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 3

I thought this was all sorted and then boom, documentation rejected. It's difficult as I run the account, it's in my name but it's for the business I work for, not my business. No one owns the business and all the utilities bills are in the business name, not an individual... I have re-emailed and threatened to close our account. I don't think for a minute that this will work.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 3

Emmalay I’ve sent an email to Shopify and attached whatever vague items I have. I’m not even sure that we need to do all this because until there is a deal or no deal so much is uncertain. Stopping us trade now when we are still in transition makes no sense.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Any updates on this? I am a sole trader/registered as self employed and they want documents for my business? I don't have Company house certificate or VAT number so I have no idea what to submit

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I ended up sending them last year’s tax return which had my tax ID number on it. This matched the tax ID number on my shopify account so that was good enough. They also wanted proof of address etc. 

0 Likes