Business Registration Document for shopify payments UK

Solved
ibunclothing
1 0 4

Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 22.23.52.png

Shopify requires me to upoload a business "registration document"...

What would that be here in the UK?

[we are a Ltd. company]

Thanks

Na-nog
1 0 1

I would like advise on this also. (Uk Ltd business). Thank you.

Al_Garnsworthy
Tourist
3 0 3

I'd love to know this too please

emmalay
2 0 3

Sorry to pile in with another "me too". 

crates4you
2 0 4

We've also had the same message. I resolved by accessing Shopify Chat and it turned out to be photo ID document that was required.  I uploaded a copy of my passport (presume drivers licence would also suffice) and this is now resolved.  It would have helped if it was clearer on the initial message what type of document was required as I went through several with no success until speaking to Shopify Chat.  Hope this helps.

SarahLL
2 0 0

Hello. I too have this problem ! It is so frustrating. I have uploaded my passport which has been accepted. However, the Business Registration Document is not something that exists in UK. I have tried uploaded the business Incorporation document from Companies House. This has been rejected, I believe because the address at time of incorporation is not the same today. Duh ?!  What on earth are Shopify doing asking UK businesses to upload documents that are not relevant to UK ...you would think they would identify which documents are required to which country, before sending us all on a goose chase !!!!

0 Likes
crates4you
2 0 4

We ended up with the same issue after I thought it was sorted and Shopify payments are still on hold.  I went through the live chat then received emails directly from a support advisor.  I went mad with them last night and they have now escalated this for verification.  It turned out no further documents were actually required.  You can upload a utility bill as proof of address if this helps.  I'd suggest going on chat and raising a ticket or you could be waiting weeks and in this economic climate few of us have can stand such a disruption to cash flow.  I completely agree that they should be clear which documents are required and I totally disagree in them with-holding payments while they verify.

SarahLL
2 0 0

Thank you. That is really helpful to hear. I tried chat and it is a 40minute wait so I sent an email instead (48 hour wait)

I'll try uploading a bank statement in the meantime. This is such a frustrating waste of valuable time -your help is hugely appreciated !

0 Likes
mARR
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I spent ages on live chat and they cam back with this:

VAT Registration
Certificate of Incorporation
Companies House Document
HM Revenue and Customs: VAT Certificate
HM Revenue and Customs: Account Statement
Charity Commission Document
OSCR Scottish Charity Regulator

Any ONE of those apparently

Stef5
Tourist
3 0 0

I submitted my VAT reg and they don’t seem to know what it is - they mistook it for my tax ID. Because the numbers are different they think I’ve made an error. I’ve been back and forth with them for 2 weeks now. Endless emails. Nightnare. 

0 Likes