Business based in US, want to accept debit cards from India customers

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello,

My company is selling products from the United States. Currently we are using Stripe as a payment gateway, however we are unable to accept many credit cards from India. We want to accept debit cards or bank transfer from Indian customers to our US bank account. How can we add this payment option? What payment gateway or apps do you suggest?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
365 36 101

Hi @TooHaute,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. In terms of accepting card payments from customers in India, I would recommend reaching out to Stripe directly and asking them if there are any restrictions in relation to transactions from this region. It might be possible for them to help in this regard, but you'll want to contact them to ask about this.

In terms of allowing bank transfers from Indian customers, this would be possible. Setting up bank transfers as a payment option is one of the manual payment methods you can enable at checkout, and you can specify instructions for customers when you have this enabled:

20-01-35cj6-vq6vf

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello Victor,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will speak with Stripe about this, and also try out the manual bank transfer payment option. I am open to switching payment gateways or adding any other apps that will allow me to use debit cards from India and receive the money in a US bank account. Do you know any apps or payment gateways other than Stripe that could allow this?

Thanks!

0 Likes