Buyer want goods to be delivered to post office and not home

DaggerY
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello ! 

I received an order where the buyer left a note where she says not to leave the order at home. She wants it to be delivered to her post office. She lives in the US, how can I do this please? She only gave her home address, and I contacted her but she wouldn't reply to my mails. I deliver from china using e-packet

Lisa
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 3 63

Hi there!

The customer may be referring to USPS Intercept.

USPS Package Intercept® is available for packages, letters, and flats with a tracking or extra services barcode that allows you to stop mail and packages at a Post Office™ as a Hold For Pickup.

I am hopeful that the customer gets back to you shortly, as you could ask her if she'd like the above service if this is possible from your end shipping from china with an e-packet.

Alternatively, you can put it as a sign on delivery, so if she is not at home it will automatically get delivered back to the nearest post office. 

Hope this helps :) 

Xena 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
DaggerY
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you ! Unfortunately, the client isn't replying to my mails. I read that I can send it directly to the address of the nearest post office to her house, then she can retrieve it there. Is it possible ?

Lost_Arrows
Tourist
7 0 19

I realize that this topic is super old, but I wanted to add this solution for other people should they need it. You can ship USPS packages to any Post Office using General Delivery. Best practices are to make sure GENERAL DELIVERY is all caps and affix -9999 to the end of the zip code. 

How do I address a mailpiece sent to General Delivery?

NAME
GENERAL DELIVERY
CITY STATE ZIP-9999

More info:
https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-is-General-Delivery