CANADA POST 4"x6"

Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I just purchased a dymo 4XL printer and cant print a label properly . Is there a way around this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
8 0 0

Hi Elysia, sorry that you are having trouble with the Dymo 4XL. Could you please elaborate on where you are getting stuck?

Here is also a link to our docs on the Dymo specifically: https://help.shopify.com/manual/shipping/shopify-shipping/label-printers#dymo-labelwriter-4xl

Kurt

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Kurt, Thank you for the quick reply! I went through the whole set up and it does technically "print" the labels but it doesnt scale down to 4x6. It prints the whole 8x10 page like on the photo ive attached.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

This is how its setup on my printer. I have a mac, if that helps

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
8 0 0

Hi Elysia, that can happen if your label format is set to 8x11 but you try printing on a 4x6 printer. To verify your settings are correct, go to Settings > Shipping and look in the "Shipping label" section. There is an option to change the label format to 4x6.

Note that when you change your label format, that any previously bought shipping labels will still be in the old format. You would need to void the label and re-purchase the label to use the new format.

Hope that helps.

Kurt

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Ohhh That might be why, im trying to test it out by printing an old label. Ill void it and try again, Thank you!

0 Likes
Excursionist
303 0 7

Just putting down a few points for people facing this problem. The first problem is definitely shipping label settings which you should address. However, if you are using your own Canada Post account to generate labels, you must know that 4 x 6 labels are allowed only for contracted customers. In addition, you would have to use a compatible solution that can allow you to generate these labels. For example, the Multi Carrier Shipping label app can be used to print 4 x 6 labels for contracted customers.

0 Likes