CBD And Vapes shop PAYMENT ADVICE?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Shopify,

I am currently building my second shop.

I will be selling cannabis CBD products which are legal in EU&UK. 

I am having a rough time looking for a payment provider? They are really confusing me.

I know I cannot use Shopify Pay and Paypal, and the question rises - what can I use?

I am based in the UK.

What are my options with already integrated providers?

Regards,

Dave

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 24 240

Hey!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify.

Authorize.net are known for being fairly open-minded when it comes to the products that are sold through their gateway so I'd check them out first. You can find all of the gateways that are available for UK merchants in this guide. It could be worth reaching out to a few of them to find out what their stance is.

Let me know how you get on.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 5 15

Hi Dave,

You're still going to need a merchant account after you've found a CBD-friendly payment gateway. Authorize.net is a Shopify-friendly payment gateway. However, a merchant account and a payment gateway are not the same thing.

• What's a payment gateway? A payment gateway is the service that processes credit card transactions for you. When your customers are buying something from your online store they enter ther credit card numbers during the checkout process. Your e-commerce site sends that credit card information to your payment gateway to authorize the transaction and process the payment. If the credit card information submitted to the payment gateway matches the information on file with the credit card company and the charge is approved the payment gateway will then transfer the money from your customers credit card into your merchant account.
  • What's a merchant account? The merchant account is basically an online bank account that will temporarily hold your money (you are the merchant) until it is moved into your actual bank account. After a successful sale, money will be transferred into your merchant account and it will sit there for a day or two, then, in most cases, it will automatically be transferred into your bank account.

Until you know with unquestionable certainty that your merchant account integrates flawlessly with Authorize.net don't spend a dime! Also, you'll want to confirm with Shopify whether or not you'll have to upgrade to Shopify Plus as a prerequisite for integrating API code into the Checkout Page of your store. It's important that you get the answer to this question before moving forward.

The bottom line is, do your homework by making certain that your payment processing solutions and methods are Shopify-friendly. Let those two bundled questions sink in good. Write it down. Finally, make sure that if API code has to be produced, make sure that it can be integrated into the Checkout Page of your store without last minute hidden costs or expenses.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Shopify Approved Developer

Programmer/API Coder & Ecommerce Expert

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hey Kevin,

I ordered from your site last week and waiting to hear back from you.

Thanks,

ShopifyMerchant
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 5 15

Dear ShopifyVisitor,

If you ordered from my website last week, then why are in a Shopify Community Forum expecing feedback from me instead of checking your email or simply giving me phone call directly? Perhaps you need to just check your email or pick up the phone! I'll bet that'll work out better for you.

By the way, the Community Forum is great place to get answers to technical questions relevant to the Shopify platform. If you're dealing with a Shopify approved developer or vendor reach out to that vendor directly. This forum is not an appropriate venue for private business correspondence.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

www.kjproweb.com

Kevin James
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

You are advertising your business on a public forum.

I have tried to reach you many times and no reply.

Your website seems to have some issues as well.

We can communicate on here or private messages, either way is fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 5 15

ShopifyVisitor,

Dear friend, I sent you two private messages and one to your personal email address. We have to comply with Shopify community rules or risk getting banned. In case you are not aware, Shopify forum moderators will delete posts that belong in a private format and will ban those who violate those rules. That's all I'm saying. And, Shopify Developers like myself do not "advertise" here. Instead, we help answer questions as I did in the top post. I explained the different between a payment processor and payment gateway.

Have an awesome day,

Kevin James

Shopify Approved Developer & Partner

Kevin James
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 5 15

Hi GetDank,

Can you possibly call me? (303) 257-4474. That's my directly line and I answer all calls regardless of the time of day. Also, send me a phone number so that we can talk and get this done. It only takes us two hours to get credit card acceptance live on your website.

For reasons unknown to me, our emails are NOT getting through. [kevin@kjproweb.com] [kdwaynejames@gmail.com]

I'll have to go ahead and refund your payment by this Friday if we have not connected to get this done. I'd hate to leave you stuck in the mud without service, but I cannot keep your money.

Let's get this done.

Kevin James

(303) 257-4484

www.kjproweb.com

A Shopify Approved Developer & Digital Marketing Agency

Kevin James
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi Kevin,
I’m writing to you again. I’m not sure why but our emails are not getting through. Everything has been setup as per your instructions.
Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
please check your community messages
0 Likes