CBD Merchant Account

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Hello! I just wanted to share that until 3 months ago, I had no idea that it was not allowed to sell CBD oil products using  Paypal or Stripe. 

I'm a soapmaker and bath bomb maker. I wanted to start making bath bombs with CBD Oil in them. I was on Squarespace and Paypal froze my account.

Ugh. 

This forced me to do some digging and after looking at half a dozen payment merchants I went with InclusivePay.  I know that a lot of other people might find themselves in the same boat.

3 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 351

Hi @Maiiven,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Thanks for sharing this, hopefully, it will help some other store owners in similar situations as yourself. 

It's always good to do some research on different payment gateways especially when selling a product to do with skincare as a lot of payment gateways can be strict with their rules and regulations with regards to that industry. 

For anyone who's interested you can find the Shopify Payments terms of service here as well as the list of payment gateways, Shopify is partnered with for each country here

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hey!

That's so frustrating! We hear about that happening so often.  We are a US based merchant services provider and are taking proactive action to help businesses like yours not be without credit card processing! If you have any questions or need any assistance when it comes to getting your merchant account back up and running please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly: austin@payhubpayments.com.

Thank you! 

0 Likes

When you need a CBD merchant account, one of the things you’ll notice is all the credit card processors that are going to refuse to give you one. It’s a real problem for people who sell CBD edibles, hemp and cannabis oil, and other items in the marijuana industry. Fortunately, this doesn’t have to be a problem for you any longer. Click Link will work with you on opening a CBD high-risk merchant account and keeping your account alive.

apoorvjoshi
0 Likes
4 0 0

@Maiiven Hello! We also understand the challenges of being able to take payments for CBD products online. Many merchant accounts claim to support taking payments for CBD products but are in fact limited to a certain type of CBD product, not the whole range.  
We have spent the last few months working on a suite of solutions to cover payments and marketing that fully support CBD products in all forms. Have a look at our CBD Payment Gateway for more information and apply today!

0 Likes
1 0 0

You may want to check out HRMA-LLC  specializing in CBD Merchant Account Processing

They are offering cbd merchant account solutions for both eCommerce and retail merchants.

Hope That Helps.
Mark S.

0 Likes

June 2, 2019

As of this post, there are only two (2) US domestic banks that offer credit card processing to hemp-based CBD sellers. I'm not referring to banks that sell e-wallets, e-check services or UK processing. Instead, I'm referring about banks here in the USA willing to support CBD sellers with real credit card processing solutions.

Yes. You can get a CBD merchant account and it won't violate Shopify Policy. I know these services work because we have hundreds of 'live' websites selling CBD right now.

• The processing rates are 2.25% (above true interchange) + $.20 cents per transaction.
  • Visa, MasterCard, AMEX & Discover Card accepted from your customers
  • Next day deposit and availability of funds
  • New start-up businesses gladly accepted!
  • No previous merchant processing history required
  • No 'rolling reserve' hold on funds and fear of getting shut down.
  • To avoid getting rejected, your website must comply with strict underwriting guidelines. I will forward those guidelines to you.

If you need more information, just email me.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Certified Front-end Developer | eCommerce Expert

Approved Shopify Developer

(303) 257-4484

kevin@kjproweb.com

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi @Maiiven - are you still using inclusive pay and are you happy with their services and pricing?

Cheers,

0 Likes

Hello @Maiiven 
I am Daniel Brain, How is your business going on? 
If you want to open CBD Merchant Account for your Online Business. We can help you with the expert's team. 
We provide offshore & domestic CBD merchant services globally.
Click here -  https://app.merchantstronghold.com/highriskmerchantaccount   

Regards,
Daniel Brain
(Merchant Services Provider)

apoorvjoshi
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 4

Yes @TRCplant , when the whole craziness of Elavon happened, they reached out to let me know before I got the letter.  I'm a start up so they tried several solutions and I went with e-check first.   However, since I only do topicals they were able to get me placed with a domestic bank last month for a great rate.  I sent a friend to them who does cbd flower (he does really high volume - like I dream of doing what he does a month) and they got him set up to.   The quote is free and they were so helpful and explained everything.  I really recommend them as they are so transparent - their email is hello@inclusivepay.com

0 Likes