CBD Merchant Account

Highlighted

Hi CBDRelief Co,

To change, modify or add code to the checkout page of your Shopify website, here's what you need to do:

1. Log into your website management dashboard and scroll down to the middle of the page and click the "Online Store" menu option.
  2. When it opens up, click on "Themes".
  3. Now, you will see the theme that you've chosen for your website.
  4. Scroll over to the left side of your screen. Notice the large button that says, 'Actions'.

Right there underneath the Actions tab is where you will see the 'EDIT CODE' option.

Be very careful when trying to edit or modifying actual code to your Shopify store! If you don't have a basic familiarity with writing HTML code and JavaScript don't mess with it. If you create a mess you'll end up hiring an expert developer/coder like myself to fix it. The average rate per hour charged by Shopify Developers can vary from $75.00 USD up to $200.00 USD per hour. And we keep very busy thanks to thousands who mess up their website code.

Fortunately, Shopify provides some excellent resources and tools. Here's a Shopify provided link that teaches you how to properly edit, add-to, or change code within your theme.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-code#before-you-customize-yo...

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Certified Front-end Developer/Expert Coder

Shopify Approved Partner

kevin@kjproweb.com

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
0 Likes

Hi City Hemp,

Google Pay works fabulously for those who sell hemp-flower. I have a ton of clients that are using Google Pay to sell hemp-flower and not one single account has been shut down nor experienced a problem. The method we use to activate Google Pay as a checkout option is fully compliant with Shopify's Payment Policy.

It's important to keep in mind that anytime you're selling a questionable "high risk" such as CBD flower you cannot engage Shopify as a payment option.

@CityHemp wrote:
What is the CBD payment processing provider that works with CBD flowers?

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Shopify Approved Partner

Certified Full-Stack Developer / Coder

Kevin James
1 Like
News update from the Food & Drug Administration:
Publication Date: 16 October 2019

Answers to two important questions:

9. Can THC or CBD products be sold as dietary supplements?
A. No. Based on available evidence, FDA has concluded that THC and CBD products are excluded from the dietary supplement definition under section 201(ff)(3)(B) of the FD&C Act [21 U.S.C. § 321(ff)(3)(B)].

10. Is it legal, in interstate commerce, to sell a food (including any animal food or feed) to which THC or CBD has been added?
A. No. Under section 301(ll) of the FD&C Act [21 U.S.C. § 331(ll)].

In light of this recent announcement from the FDA we can certainly expect to see CBD-friendly banks introduce new underwriting requirements for merchants. Rules of the game are constantly changing.  Ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break it.

It's your responsibility to know which products in your online store are legal vs illegal. What should you do?
  • Change or remove any verbiage on your website that refers to CBD as a "dietary supplement". It's a no-no.
  • Remove any CBD-infused food/meals from your website. It's a no-no.

Got questions? Send me an email or give me call.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Shopify Partner & Certified Full-Stack Developer

Authorized ISO Representing Multiple CBD-Friendly Banks

(303) 257-4484

Kevin James
0 Likes
1 0 1

EMP Emerchantbroker has recently opened it's doors for CBD-Sales.

Well, as we need this solution fast, we applied for an account. There is a lot of documentation to send, from business licence to company ownership certification and a lot of more.

For CBD they have even more regulations as:

• Clear posting of statement that all CBD products contain less than 0.2% THC on all product pages
  • Clear posting of a link to a page displaying the lab results for CBD products showing the product contains less than 0.2% THC
  • Terms and Conditions - The terms must state that the governing law is the same jurisdiction/country as the jurisdiction/country of the company
  • Shipping Policy - Shipping policy should include methods available i.e Fed-Ex, UPS, Royal Mail, etc. and the estimated time for each method
  • Privacy Policy
  • Credit Card Logos - Card logos Visa/MasterCard etc. must be displayed in color
  • Secure checkout page - we prefer the entire website be SSL secured, however, we will provide a secure check out process on the hosted payment page

We fullfill all the requirements above and as posted they need even more docs.

Finally they denied to accept us, because we are to small business partners. We are small retailers, starting a business to grow. Its true, that it takes some time to develop a business.

Long story short - if You are a big coorp you should apply. If you are a small business owner or a startup, it doesnot make sense to apply.

Hope the info is helpfull for you

www.cannatrends.eco

1 Like

Hi CannaTrends,

You are not out of luck. I happen to be an authorized ISO/agent of EMB and work with their USA and UK partners on a daily basis. You can actually reapply after you make a few changes to your website content. I've helped others with these tips that I'm sharing with you.

• Remove all of the images of hemp-flower and the images of people smoking hemp. That's a huge no-no.
  • Remove all hemp-flower product from your online store. You sell products such as, "Fruit Punch"  which is hemp flower. Sorry, but that product cannot be sold via EMB's platform.  *Sorry if no one at EMB informed you of these basic requirements.
  • There is a "Tag" page on your website entitled, 'marijuana'. That's a huge negative strike against your application. Remove it.
  • Where are your laboratory certificates of analysis (COAs)? Every CBD-friendly payment processor now requires that merchants publish a link to the Certificates of Analysis for each batch of CBD product solid. They need to see proof that your CBD products are independent laboratory certified to contain <less than 0.30% THC by weight volume. You can't just say it. Prove it.

Finally, if you want to sell products other than legal hemp-CBD oils and CBD topicals, you need to explore [manual payment processing] solutions. At present, EMB will not be able to assist you if hemp-flower will be sold. And, I seriously doubt that any of the 16 different high risk payment processors that I know about can help you either. Fix those issue and reapply.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Shopify approve partner & expert web developer

ISO/agent representing multiple payment processors

kevin@kjproweb.com

Kevin James
0 Likes
Tourist
22 0 2
Show me a website URL selling CBD through Shopify. I have literally had acompany email me About opening up. A CBD merchant account just to say they don't offer that , turn me away , or just never answe again
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1
My website has CBD. I got a merchant account with inclusivepay, which has to connect to Shopify with a third party gateway like authorize.net Shopify charges an extra 1% on top of your merchant processing fees to connect with a third party gateway.
0 Likes
Tourist
22 0 2
Ok well What's your website? Everyone claim's they got this and that with these people or them. I've pretty much been denied by every gateway and merchant services. I don't even have CBD in my site anymore still same thing....
0 Likes
Tourist
22 0 2
EMB wouldn't even contact me back.. all I have is vape products mostly what the name of one website thayt works with them? Not one company has show me a website they work with or actually helped me
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1
Bee-och.com
0 Likes