CBD Merchant Account

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 5 15

Hi Vine,

Very important tips I'm sharing with you right here.

1. Do not activate Shopify Payments under any circumstances if you are selling CBD products or any merchandise considered high-risk or prohibited.
  2. After logging into your Admin Panel, scroll down to the bottom left hand section of the page and click "SETTINGS". When the Settings tab opens up you will be the option to choose a payment processor.

Admin Panel for Payment Processors.png

If you have not yet found a CBD-friendly payment processor OR if you're still waiting in that eternal 'pending underwriting approval' list, you need to activate a MANUAL PAYMENTS method in order to get paid. Whether you know it or not there are excellent peer-to-peer credit card acceptance solutions such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, Pop Money, and several others --- that can be integrated into your checkout page.

Using an alternative payment processor or manual payments method complies with Shopify's Payments Policy, it gets you out of trouble, and money lands in your bank account quickly.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Shopify Approved Partner | Expert Web Developer

kevin@kjproweb.com

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

I bet if I change the description to hemp oil, all will be fine...

Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 5
I completely understand it's really not Shopify it's the banks and providers in the industry Honestly the merchant services are hell to work with so far I'm still fighting for approval in my aromatic head shop(no cbd no hemp no cannabis or tobacco)

I my store was denied for having plant based resin incense not realted to hemp ,cbd or cannabis.

The little things gets you a no. But Keep up the good fight!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 5
That will not work
0 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 4

It seems to work on Amazon and the likes - type in CBD and items that showed as cBD months ago all now say Hemp.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

Thanks @JAH5 - same to you!! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
74 5 15

Hi Jah5,

Yes, there are several payment acceptance solutions that work great. I am actually posting step-by-step instructions on how to accept credit card or debit card payments from customer via your website --- without violating Shopify's Payments Policy.

Before moving forward, the first thing I encourage merchants to do is understand there legal responsibilities. For example, as of October 15, 2019, it is a federal crime to sell CBD-infused foods via interstate commerce. As authorized ISO/rep for Emerchant Broker and several US domestic merchant services providers that support hemp/CBD, it's frustrating trying to help merchants comply with the law when they don't even know these laws exist and some don't care to know.

Kevin James

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 5
I seen what you said about Amazon. It seem to work but who know if that's will work with Shopify you see?

I used to have hemp oil soap in my store I had to remove it.. still told me no afterwards that was early November
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

@kjproweb what about topical items only that are not ingested?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Reach out to PayKings (https://www.paykings.com/). I have been accepted with reasonable rates. I am currently waiting for integration on my site.

0 Likes