Is selling CBD oil products on Shopify permitted?

Maiiven
Tourist
4 0 8

Hello! I just wanted to share that until 3 months ago, I had no idea that it was not allowed to sell CBD oil products using  Paypal or Stripe. 

I'm a soapmaker and bath bomb maker. I wanted to start making bath bombs with CBD Oil in them. I was on Squarespace and Paypal froze my account.

Ugh. 

This forced me to do some digging and after looking at half a dozen payment merchants I went with InclusivePay.  I know that a lot of other people might find themselves in the same boat.

Replies 164 (164)
dannycohen81
26 0 0
Yes what’s your phone number and I will call you.
TeawithTune
Visitor
2 0 0
Are you a EMB representative?
ctryrdcigars
Visitor
1 0 0

I am looking

easyePayments
Tourist
8 0 1

What is your website? email me, sal@easyepayments.com

TRCplant
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Maiiven - are you still using inclusive pay and are you happy with their services and pricing?

Cheers,

Maiiven
Tourist
4 0 8

Yes @TRCplant , when the whole craziness of Elavon happened, they reached out to let me know before I got the letter.  I'm a start up so they tried several solutions and I went with e-check first.   However, since I only do topicals they were able to get me placed with a domestic bank last month for a great rate.  I sent a friend to them who does cbd flower (he does really high volume - like I dream of doing what he does a month) and they got him set up to.   The quote is free and they were so helpful and explained everything.  I really recommend them as they are so transparent - their email is hello@inclusivepay.com

ShipRelay
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi ShipRelay here!  We are based in Denver, CO and get a lot of requests for CBD fulfillment.  CBD brands whom can get credit card processing and a sales channel that will allow it (WooCommerce) then we have no problem shipping the CBD products.  Let me know if anyone has any questions in this niche.    

dannycohen81
26 0 0

Hi,

I work with Best Merchant Services, here we help merchants from Shopify get up and running by leveraging our relationships with banks to help high risk merchants get approvals. 

Email me if you have any questions:

danny@bestmerchantservices.com

Regards,

Danny 

Axxess
6 0 0

Hi there we have a shopify store setup with CBD and food supplements, i was just wondering if you guys could help with a murchant account

apoorvjoshi
Tourist
10 0 0

Hello @Maiiven 
I am Daniel Brain, How is your business going on? 
If you want to open CBD Merchant Account for your Online Business. We can help you with the expert's team. 
We provide offshore & domestic CBD merchant services globally.
Click here -  https://app.merchantstronghold.com/highriskmerchantaccount   

Regards,
Daniel Brain
(Merchant Services Provider)

apoorvjoshi
Axxess
6 0 0

Are you guys compatible with Shopify and would you be able to help us in the UK.

IntegrityPayJD
Shopify Partner
23 0 11

August 12, 2019.

As of this post, there are only two (2) US domestic solutions that offer credit card processing to hemp-based CBD sellers with ALL cards and rates above interchange under 4%. One of them is in a private beta. And the other is a new stable CBD processing solution that was announced today.

Yes, there FINALLY is a domestic solution in the US that allows you to accept all four cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover) with rates that are not ridiculous (just because they can).

• The processing rates are 3.50% (above true interchange) + $0.25
  • Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover Card accepted from your customers
  • Next day deposit and availability of funds
  • New start-up businesses gladly accepted!
  • No previous merchant processing history required
  • No 'rolling reserve' hold on funds and fear of getting shut down.
  • Shopify Approved
  • To avoid getting rejected, your website must comply with strict underwriting guidelines. I will provide these guidelines for you and how your Big Commerce Site Should look.

If you need more information, just email me.

Happy Selling,

Jason Lee

Shopify Partner | eCommerce & High-Risk Merchant Expert

(720)730-7877

IntegrityPay, Expert Web Developer, High-Risk Processor, CBD Consultant, Merchant Processor, & Shopify Partner
Nikki77
Visitor
2 0 0

I AM A CBD SKINCARE LINE! On the verge of losing my business, I gave had inclusive pay, Now  green box and cannot find anyone for shopify. Cannot afford to a new website build as I have out of 1 year in boz been out of a payment solution 6 months! Please help

beeoch
Tourist
8 0 2
Inclusivepay works with authorize.net on shopify
Kyle-PayKings
Shopify Partner
9 0 5

@Nikki77 reach out to dan@paykings.com or 8138674051. He will get your background and let you know what solutions we have that will work for you long term. We will not be putting you into another aggregate merchant account. This would be a dedicated MID. It's entirely based on your business so let's chat and see if we can help.

Affiliation Disclosure: I am the President at PayKings - A high-risk payment processing company.
jmaze01
Visitor
2 0 0
Please contact me
kjproweb
Shopify Partner
138 8 25

Hi JMaze01,

I am sending you a private email. Scroll to the upper right-hand corner of this page and check your email box.

The bottom line is that we can get your hemp-CBD merchant account approved and activated within two hours' time. That's not a typo. If you need credit card processing immediately, we can get it done anytime, any day, even on weekends.

• No sign-up fee. No activation fee.
  • No rolling reserve hold on funds
  • 100% Shopify compliant. Includes payment gateway integration.
  • Our clients are allowed to sell; hemp flower, pre-rolls, CBD oils, topical rubs, CBD isolate, gummies, vapes, and more!
  • Pricing is superior to Square Payments

Check your email. I even included a ton of references including hemp farm owners that sell their products from Shopify.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Owner of KJ Proweb

818-850-1034

Shopify Partner & Expert Developer/Coder

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
OrganicCBDShop
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Kevin

Please let me know about this solution too, i have a shop on Shopify that needs a payment gateway setting up.

Thanks

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
138 8 25

Hi Nikki,

The situation that you're dealing with sounds terrifying. However, there's an easy to integrate, Shopify compliant solution that you can begin using today. That's right, I said, today. You can get back up on your feet accepting credit cards and debit cards in less than two hours time.

By the way, I'm a certified full-stack developer/coder and Shopify approved partner. I've using this method to help hundreds of merchants that sell CBD, vapes, flower, kratom...you name it. Not one person has been shut down. That name of the game is that [you must comply with Shopify's payments policy]. As you're well aware, hemp-derived is still considered a high risk or prohibited product in some financial circles. So, you'll have use a payment acceptance tool that gives you the ability to accept credit cards & debit card while remaining compliant with Shopify policy at the same time. Do that and you'll be okay.

SOLUTION

1. Use a peer-to-peer credit card acceptance platform such as Google Pay. There are several others.  With Google Pay (as one example), getting an account takes less than five minutes to activate. The underwriting approval requirements as super simple. Have an active Google account AND store a bank-issued debit card into their system. When customers make payment the funds are deposited into the bank account associated with your debit card. Read this part carefully. Most peer-to-peer money transfer solutions settle funds into an account owners bank within minutes. Not days. Within minutes the credit or debit card funds will have settled into your bank.

2. Activate credit card acceptance by logging into your Shopify payment dashboard using a manual method AND then modify a little bit of JavaScript & HTML code in the checkout page of your theme. You'll also have to make sure that your 'Order Confirmation' receipt that get sent out to your customers when the place product in the shopping cart and checkout contain a proper "Thank you for your purchase" message and how to pay details.

If you don't know how to write JavaScript or HTML, then chat with myself or reach out to an expert Shopify developer. I do this type of work all day long and my fees are more than reasonable. My point is simple. You can being accepting credit cards today.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

kevin@kjproweb.com

(303) 257-4484

Kevin James
jmaze01
Visitor
2 0 0
I would like to use your services I have my Spotify site done I just need help with integrating payment processor
DustinK
Excursionist
26 1 2
Hi jmaze01,

Thanks for getting in touch! We'll be able to help you out. Please let me
know the name of your site, and the best number to reach you at, and I'll
be in touch Monday morning to go over the specifics.

Cheers,

Dustin
Ktpatton
Visitor
1 0 0
Please send me more information about your program
keithpatton1958@yahoo.com
Keith Patton
SWOOD1
Visitor
1 0 1

I need a merchant account for assuagehempcbd.com. MY email is swood@assuagehempcbd.com

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
138 8 25

Hi Assuage Hemp CBD,

I just sent you a private email. My company is a national ISO/agent for a multi-million dollar California payment processor and two US domestic banks. We don't deal with off-shore processors anymore. Too many horror stories.

We're getting Shopify merchants approved to sell; hemp flower, CBD oils, tinctures, gummies, CBD vapes and more. Yes, I said hemp flower. We're getting accounts approved inside of 24 to 48 hours. Unbeatable rates. Tons of references. No application fee. No setup fee.

Your problems are over. It's a great time to be in the hemp-CBD industry.

p.s. Check your email.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Shopify Approved Partner | Expert Web Developer | Coder

(818) 850-1034

Kevin James
ResoluteCBD
Excursionist
18 0 6
I am struggling getting a processor. I have a fully live site I cannot use on Shopify. I applied with Digipay and they are no longer working with start ups. Emerchant processing can serve as a gateway from square to Shopify but working with Square in that has been a little difficult. Can you help?

Thank you!
Drea Hallen
Resolute CBD

beeoch
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi there, I am reaching out to see how inclusivepay has been working for you? I am looking to make a processor switch. Thanks for your help!

IntegrityPayJD
Shopify Partner
23 0 11

Hi,

We are not working with Inclusive Pay.

Inclusive Pay has an independent contract with an agent who has an agreement with the processor – two steps removed. We have a direct relationship with the processor, sponsor bank, and have access to solutions that are only available to direct partners. If you'd like more information, please let me know.

IntegrityPay, Expert Web Developer, High-Risk Processor, CBD Consultant, Merchant Processor, & Shopify Partner
beeoch
Tourist
8 0 2
Thanks for the response. Yes I'd like more info please.
ezdesigner
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Please send me some info on CBD processing for startup. Thanks

apoorvjoshi
Tourist
10 0 0

• Research The Local Hemp Cultivation Laws – Knowledge of Local Laws would be very important as they vary from state to state. There is a license allotted to each Hemp business and the merchant. It is unlawful for a merchant who does not hold a license issued by the government, or who is not an agent of a licensee, to cultivate, handle, process or market the industrial hemp plants or seeds or any substance derived from Cannabis or hemp.

• Get A Company Registered And Prepare Compliant Website – Get your company registered and prepare the website enlisting the products you wish to sell. The website should be proper and have all the content as per the business plan, proper checkout page, transparent and compliant with SSL security.

• Get A Genuine And High-Risk Merchant Solutions Provider – A high-risk business demands proper high-risk platform to process payments for your business. The payment gateway could be properly validated and should be compliant as per the acquiring bank.

• Complete The Application And Submit All The Documents – Complete the application validating all the documents to support your application as it will be underwritten by the acquiring bank and will finally provide you with a high-risk merchant account.

Get more information for you can call us at +1 855-465-4723 or Click Here and check our services. 

I hope this help.

apoorvjoshi
dannycohen81
26 0 0

Hi,

I work with Best Merchant Services, here we help merchants from Shopify get up and running by leveraging our relationships with banks to help high risk merchants get approvals. 

Email me if you have any questions:

danny@bestmerchantservices.com

Regards,

Danny 

Entitled
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

I am wondering if there are any solutions/ work around's for people selling CBD based outside of the USA however exclusively selling in the US market. 

Kevin's Google Pay option is fantastic however I would like to know if there is a more long term solution.

Obviously in the current economic climate it is not possible to visit the States to open a bank account to support a LLC. 

Thanks

Cannesis
Excursionist
19 1 4

We can help if you are outside the US.

Just fill out the application and upload your docs here and we'll have someone reach out:

https://payments.cannesis.com/

The application is pretty quick and if you have all your docs uploaded we can get you moved through underwriting quickly.

RisingSun27
Visitor
2 0 0

Are you still happy with that merchant acct.?

beeoch
Tourist
8 0 2
Seems to be working just fine. Hoping it continues.
RisingSun27
Visitor
2 0 0
What are their charges and % ? 

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
138 8 25
News update from the Food & Drug Administration:
Publication Date: 16 October 2019

Answers to two important questions:

9. Can THC or CBD products be sold as dietary supplements?
A. No. Based on available evidence, FDA has concluded that THC and CBD products are excluded from the dietary supplement definition under section 201(ff)(3)(B) of the FD&C Act [21 U.S.C. § 321(ff)(3)(B)].

10. Is it legal, in interstate commerce, to sell a food (including any animal food or feed) to which THC or CBD has been added?
A. No. Under section 301(ll) of the FD&C Act [21 U.S.C. § 331(ll)].

In light of this recent announcement from the FDA we can certainly expect to see CBD-friendly banks introduce new underwriting requirements for merchants. Rules of the game are constantly changing.  Ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break it.

It's your responsibility to know which products in your online store are legal vs illegal. What should you do?
  • Change or remove any verbiage on your website that refers to CBD as a "dietary supplement". It's a no-no.
  • Remove any CBD-infused food/meals from your website. It's a no-no.

Got questions? Send me an email or give me call.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Shopify Partner & Certified Full-Stack Developer

Authorized ISO Representing Multiple CBD-Friendly Banks

(303) 257-4484

Kevin James
cannatrends
Visitor
2 0 1

EMP Emerchantbroker has recently opened it's doors for CBD-Sales.

Well, as we need this solution fast, we applied for an account. There is a lot of documentation to send, from business licence to company ownership certification and a lot of more.

For CBD they have even more regulations as:

• Clear posting of statement that all CBD products contain less than 0.2% THC on all product pages
  • Clear posting of a link to a page displaying the lab results for CBD products showing the product contains less than 0.2% THC
  • Terms and Conditions - The terms must state that the governing law is the same jurisdiction/country as the jurisdiction/country of the company
  • Shipping Policy - Shipping policy should include methods available i.e Fed-Ex, UPS, Royal Mail, etc. and the estimated time for each method
  • Privacy Policy
  • Credit Card Logos - Card logos Visa/MasterCard etc. must be displayed in color
  • Secure checkout page - we prefer the entire website be SSL secured, however, we will provide a secure check out process on the hosted payment page

We fullfill all the requirements above and as posted they need even more docs.

Finally they denied to accept us, because we are to small business partners. We are small retailers, starting a business to grow. Its true, that it takes some time to develop a business.

Long story short - if You are a big coorp you should apply. If you are a small business owner or a startup, it doesnot make sense to apply.

Hope the info is helpfull for you

www.cannatrends.eco

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
138 8 25

Hi CannaTrends,

You are not out of luck. I happen to be an authorized ISO/agent of EMB and work with their USA and UK partners on a daily basis. You can actually reapply after you make a few changes to your website content. I've helped others with these tips that I'm sharing with you.

• Remove all of the images of hemp-flower and the images of people smoking hemp. That's a huge no-no.
  • Remove all hemp-flower product from your online store. You sell products such as, "Fruit Punch"  which is hemp flower. Sorry, but that product cannot be sold via EMB's platform.  *Sorry if no one at EMB informed you of these basic requirements.
  • There is a "Tag" page on your website entitled, 'marijuana'. That's a huge negative strike against your application. Remove it.
  • Where are your laboratory certificates of analysis (COAs)? Every CBD-friendly payment processor now requires that merchants publish a link to the Certificates of Analysis for each batch of CBD product solid. They need to see proof that your CBD products are independent laboratory certified to contain <less than 0.30% THC by weight volume. You can't just say it. Prove it.

Finally, if you want to sell products other than legal hemp-CBD oils and CBD topicals, you need to explore [manual payment processing] solutions. At present, EMB will not be able to assist you if hemp-flower will be sold. And, I seriously doubt that any of the 16 different high risk payment processors that I know about can help you either. Fix those issue and reapply.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James

Shopify approve partner & expert web developer

ISO/agent representing multiple payment processors

kevin@kjproweb.com

Kevin James
JAH5
Excursionist
25 0 5
EMB wouldn't even contact me back.. all I have is vape products mostly what the name of one website thayt works with them? Not one company has show me a website they work with or actually helped me
beeoch
Tourist
8 0 2
I have topicals only, which seems to make a big difference for merchant accounts.
JAH5
Excursionist
25 0 5
Ok thank you this is helpful. As I tried with authorize.net when my first app was denied they mentioned a Another company they work with that can help. Of course they didn't actually tell me who just a "well send your information over" I'm guess that them. Hopefully they will accept my business

DustinK
Excursionist
26 1 2

I see this same issue coming up all the time!

I work with PayKings who specializes in CBD merchant accounts.

Feel free to contact me at dustin@paykings.com if you're interested! 

Cheers, 

Dustin

easyePayments
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello...  We process payments for CBD Topicals. Approval time takes 1-3 business days. We accept start-ups and our rates are very competitive.  We seamlessly integrate into Shopify with Authorize.net payment gateway.

CBD Merchant Account

1% Debit

3% credit card

.25 cents per trans

Authorize.net payment gateway = $12 per month +.10 cents

$7.95 PCI fee

Monthly Fee - $25

No cancelation fee

No set-up fee

Give us a call or shoot us an email. sal@easyepayments.com

kjproweb
Shopify Partner
138 8 25

Hi EasyPayments,

Welcome aboard! Sounds like your organization may have some excellent solutions to help merchants in need. That's great.

However, there's a commonly shared code of conduct among our family Shopify approved partners and payment services providers.

1. Never post an assumption, belief or option about a fellow competitor can or cannot do. We stay in our lane.
  2. Share what you have to offer without making any reference to a peer.

The bottom line is that Inclusive Pay (whom you referenced) is widely regarded as "the-best-in-class" when it comes to high risk payment processing for the hemp/CBD industry. They are in fact, my competitor. Yet, I respect Inclusive Pay's unmatched capabilities knowing what they are.

FYI. They do support the needs of merchants that sell hemp flower, CBD oils, gummies, topical rubs, and you name it.

I'm not starting a squabble here. I'm simply saying let's not step on one another's toes.

Have a great day,

Kevin James

Shopify Approved Partner / Full-Stack Developer

High Risk Payment Processor ISO

Kevin James
Knife_Club
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi - Who here knows of a good CBD Merchant account that offers or works an Authorize.net account as well?

ResoluteCBD
Excursionist
18 0 6
I’m not aware of anything on Shopify. Your CBD merchant is going to be square now if you’re on Shopify. Emerchant serves as a gateway Between Shopify and square. Digipay was once an option but they have actually said no to start ups so if you’re not a start up you can use them.
Cannesis
Excursionist
19 1 4

Hi we can help! We can get you a great rate and support Authorize.net as well.

Here's a link to fill out the application:

https://payments.cannesis.com/register

ResoluteCBD
Excursionist
18 0 6
You had trouble actually purchasing it online? I’m not sure where you are but you should be able to go to a website like Resolutecbd and just we get your CC information. Is that where your problem occurred?

DavidMB
Visitor
1 0 0

Are you still with InclusivePay? How has then been working so far?

Did they integrate easily with Shopify, or did you have to hire someone to integrate it for you?