CBD Merchant Account

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
I have topicals only, which seems to make a big difference for merchant accounts.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 4
Ok thank you this is helpful. As I tried with authorize.net when my first app was denied they mentioned a Another company they work with that can help. Of course they didn't actually tell me who just a "well send your information over" I'm guess that them. Hopefully they will accept my business
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

@kjproweb , How can you enable Google Pay without having Shopify as a payment processor?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 4
To my knowledge You can't. Alternative and thrid party gatwaways don't offer it... I don't know if You can have it as manual payment......
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

@JAH5, that's what I thought.  But somehow read @kjproweb's post to indicate that there was a workaround.  

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 4
You can read all through these fourms and find a "work around" for anything that's on Shopify I doubt you'll find that works for you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

Has anyone had any actual legitimate luck with DigiPay or EMB?

Two days ago one of the risk analysts emails me saying they noticed me uploading cod items to my store which is not yet live.

ONLY less than 10% of the items in my store will be CBD and all topical - so when I asking about using the regular gateway for those, and then following up again, I still have no answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 4
If you want to sell cbd you must only sell cbd even if it's just topicals. Digipay claims that work with cbd but it's been over a month they never contacted me as for EMB they say they do as well. But they actually don't they send you to a third party of these that do but the fees are skyhigh and again you need to have only cbd
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 4
His work around is manual payment because simply put less regulated you can add Google pay as a manual payment but to my knowledge it's gonna be a few extra step for the customer and most customer don't wanna even use that kind of payment method they just don't trust it.. even sezzle customer don't trust it....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

Thanks, that's what I figured - what's wild is that it was easier for me to work in the cannabis industry in 2018 than it is in hemp in 2019. 

As long as those greedy dudes are going to be running this, I'm going to have to rethink strategy.

If I am selling a complete lifestyle, I should not have to separate the items that live within it. One would think that Shopify as a platform would be leading the way in this and a bit more progressive when it comes to this, but unfortunately not I guess.

Thanks for the info though!

0 Likes