COVID-19 affected me being able to access my account

Highlighted
4 0 0

I was on the 14 day free trial, but I couldn’t access my account around 10 days into the trial. I needed to cancel my trial but I couldn’t access Shopify due to me not being able to go and fix my device at any stores. Is there a way I can get a refund on the bill?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 94 134

Hi, @Tsmoore,

Hank here from Shopify.

If you were still on your 14-day trial, then you would not have been charged for this as it is designed to allow you to explore the platform, without the need to add a credit card.

So as you mentioned that you were unable to access the trial about 10-days in, it would have automatically canceled after 14 days and no charges would have been made.

The only exception to this is if you selected one of our paid plans while still being in a trial. This means once the 14-day trial ends, your store would automatically move to the paid plan you chose.

If you are wanting to start a new trial, you can certainly sign up for a new 14-day trial option also.

If you recall selecting a paid plan, and that you were recently charged for this, let me know and I can further assist you, or if you have any additional questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi Hank, thank you for responding to me. As you mentioned, I did select a plan during the trial, but only because Shopify made me do that in order for me to continue setting up my website. I would rather not be charged because of a mistake like that, so if you have any information regarding whether or not I can be refunded based on that information, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 94 134

Thank you for getting back to me with this. 

What I'd like to do is take a look at this to see the current status of your store, and if a refund is possible.

I will note that all domain charges would not be deemed refundable as these would be purchased with a validity of one year. Also, any third-party app charges would need to have any refund approved by the app developers.

As this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I can’t find the email that allows me to confirm my store. Also, the link you sent in the previous email takes me to a blank page. Do you have a link to take me to it? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 94 134

I sent an email to the email address listed on your forum account, did you receive this?

If you did, all you have to do is reply with the information and I can continue to work on this for you.

However, if you have not received that email or have since lost it, let me know and I will resend.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I didn’t get the email. Are you sending it to @tylersm0304@gmail.com? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 94 134

Yes, that is the one listed on your Community profile.

I will send this one more but note that it may end up in your junk/spam folder.

0 Likes