CUSTOMERS CONSTANTLY BEING DOUBLE CHARGED

Highlighted
2 0 0

HI Team,

Has anyone had issues with shopify double charging customers? Our average order value is high, and we have had customers be charged twice. One on the day of capture, and then on the next day. We use SHopify payments (Shop pay).

In my orders we have only captured once, yet on customers bank statements it is captured twice. 

One of my customers work for the bank itself  and they have confirmed it is not an issue on their end. Also some of my customers are return clients, and this never happened the first time.

Please Help as need it sorted ASAP

Best regards,

Josh 

screenshot elite charged twice 3.38pm.png111ww1w.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
910 56 113

Hi there @Joshkiwi1!

Don here from Shopify.

Could you share a link to your store with us here so we can check this out for you?

At first glance, these would appear to be authorisation holds, rather than charges themselves; as we can see a 'pending' status on those entries.

If so, this would drop off the customers' accounts after a few days, and funds would not be withdrawn for that hold.

If you share your store link with us here, we can take a look alongside our Billing department to see if we can clarify the situation here for you. 

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Don. Please see link here: https://www.elitebathroomware.co.nz/

It is becoming an often occurrence with 1-2 clients a week. However the most recent one was $3495 having double pending payments. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
910 56 113

Hi there @Joshkiwi1!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for that link to your store.

Would you be able to confirm with any of the customers in question whether these entries have dropped off their accounts as authorisation holds, rather than actual charges?

If you can, let us know of any orders where these customers ended up actually paying twice, rather than just seeing a pending hold on their account, and let us know the order number or numbers involved so we can dig into these along with our Billing team.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes