Calculated Shipping not working

Highlighted
17 0 0

I am working on 2 Shopify stores where on one store USPS calculating shipping works properly but on the other store, it does not work.

The issue is that it will calculate shipping accurately for 1 product in the cart but not for any more, eg. shipping for 10 products costs the same as 1 product.

The difference between the stores is the plan; The working shipping store is on Shopify Basic Monthly the broken shipping in on Shopify Monthly.

That leads me to belief the more expensive plan, Shopify Monthly, does not calculate shipping?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @Dunne-08!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

It sounds like your products may not have weights entered. Live shipping relates relies on the total weight of the order to be able to calculate the correct shipping cost. Your plan won't have an impact on shipping rates at all.

To add in weights to your product, I'd recommend using our bulk editor. Simply go to Products > All Products, and select all your products. Click "Edit products", and then you'll be able to edit your product weights.

If you do have weights connected to your products already, then we might need to look at your shipping settings. If you can send through a screenshot of the issue with shipping calculations, that will give me a better indication of what might be happening.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
17 0 0

Hi Miles, thanks a lot for the response.

The weights are properly setup for our products, I made sure of it. Heres various screenshots of weights, checkouts and shipping settings:

Weights:

Screenshot_2020-06-1~ Bulk editor ~ Shopify(1).png

Checkouts:

I then go to order 1 hoodie from NY to Seattle, using USPS Priority Mail and the shipping cost is $8.42:

Screenshot_2020-06-15 Shipping Checkout - 10.jpg

But also shipping 10 of the same hoodie also costs $8.42:

Screenshot_2020-06-15 Shipping Checkout - 1.jpg

Shipping Settings:

Screenshot_2020-06-15 Manage profile ~ Shopify - Settings.jpg

This does not happen on another store work for which is on the Basic Plan so the only thing I can assume is that its the plan.

I hope these screenshots will help but if not, please let me know what I can do for you to get this looked at as its important part of our store.

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hey, @Dunne-08!

Apologies for the delay with this response. Thanks for the screenshots, they were super helpful.

I'm going to need to take a deeper look into this for you as I cannot work out why this would be happening. So I've sent you an email to the email registered on your profile. Could you please respond there with the answers to the questions I've asked there? Once I've got that, I'll be able to access the store and see what we can work out.

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Did anything ever come of this? We are experiencing similar issues, and it's costing us several thousand dollars a week.

So Far Shopify Support hasn't been able to identify the problem, nor do they really understand the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @nightowls!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out.

I'd love to help you sort out this issue. Would you be able to respond to this post with some more information about what's happening on your store? Screenshots and ticket numbers from previous support interactions will be super helpful to help me work out what might be going on.

In the interim, please check out some of our resources on setting up your shipping - specifically when using weight based rates or live shipping rates. I'd recommend checking out how to set up your live shipping rates as well as our overview on shipping rates.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello,
I want to use my own USPS account for the calculated rates at checkout. I
cannot use the discounted rates that shopify provides, because my
stores use a third party fulfillment service, and customers will be
underpaying for the cost of the shipping with shopify rates.
When I attached my USPS account to the shipping integrations, the cart was
not showing regular priority mail as an option for customers to select at
checkout. No one at shopify could help me, despite numerous attempts to
come to a resolution. The only advice they could give me is to switch to
shopify rates, which as I previously stated, I cannot.

I have included a screenshot of my cart at checkout, with priority express
being offered but not regular priority mail. I also included a screenshot
of the test connection with usps showing that for a package of the
same weight, priority mail should be an option available.

Also, another common response shopify support will also give me is that the
box size is wrong, or that the problem is with my usps account. As you can
see from the USPS integration screenshot, the package is supported for
priority mail.

I eagerly await your response on this subject.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hey, @nightowls!

Thanks for getting back to me. I think you've forgotten to attach the screenshot, but what you've written has made sense.

To help you out, I'm going to send you an email to the email address listed under your profile in our Community Forums. I'll need to do a quick authentication with you and I'll have some follow up questions. If you could reply to that email when you get a chance, I'll be happy to work out what's happening.

Thanks!

0 Likes