Calculating FedEx shipping with Dropshipping

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello!

We are selling a product on our website that will be dropshipping from a wholesaler that ships with FedEx (mostly). Before our website, we would place phone orders we receive and the wholesaler would manually quote us shipping rates. There is also no standard packaging rule like standard box sizes. This is making it difficult for us to figure out how to calculate shipping at checkout. What is the most accurate method to figure out the shipping rate when faced with these unknowns?

If we integrate the wholesaler's FedEx account information (Production Meter Number, Production Password, Authentication Key, and Account Number) into our Shopify account, can the rate be calculated at checkout without automatically initiating any FedEx action (like printing out shipping labels or charging the wholesaler's FedEx account)? All we want is an accurate shipping quote and not any further action in the shipping process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
150 8 36

I'm doing dropshipping, not yet actually because I'm trying to get the shipping and other stuff in place before fully opening my store.  But this is a similar problem I'm having.  The varying rates, even for similar products, to dropship from overseas suppliers and the lack of ability to calculate or include those rates at checkout for each product is one of the few things remaining to get the store operating.  Domestic rates estimated by domestic suppliers are often a bit too high, and for the most part doesn't allow multiple options of carriers.  One thing I'm trying to do now is use the Infinite Product Options app (free, no monthly plan) to display the various shipping rates and their corresponding times on the product pages.  It's different for each product, so informing the customer ahead of checkout can reduce abandoned carts, charge-backs, fraud, and other problems from occurring at checkout.  Do you have the CCS feature?  or only a Basic plan?  I have only the basic plan, so I can't use the CCS, and don't plan on upgrading unless I know I can't do the shipping without it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

As per my understanding of the query, you can use the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app to handle this. Once the store is live, you can use the app which has the packing automation feature. Based on the weight and dimensions of your product, the app selects the box and also calculates the accurate shipping cost. This will make your work easier and you will be able to show these rates at the checkout using the app.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

This is a classic case of fulfilling using Multi Carrier Shipping label app for drop shipping. In this case, along with using drop shippers FedEx account, you would also need his address to ship from his place. For example, inside the app, you can set up the drop shippers address. then configure his FedEx account credentials and once ready, your shipping will happen from his account and his address. So the rates will completely accurate.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes