Calculating shipping costs for an unintergrated dropshipper supplier

Solved
Tourist
6 0 0

I have a dropship supplier who will be shipping the products from my store from their address in California. I have no idea how to set up shipping for this. The supplier has given me the weight of each item in documents and told me they use UPS for their shipping. But for lightweight items such as paper tags, stickers, etc., they use a USPS flat rate of $6.35. Can anyone advise me on what is even the first step to setting up such a platform as this? I have only uploaded 3 products to my store, none of which have a shipping option. I won't be adding anymore items until I have this worked out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Patricia

bestiebridesmaidgifts.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @ponytail11.

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

The shipping settings are always the most confusing ones, especially when you are dropshipping. The best thing to do would be to add the California address as a 'location' and set up the shipping rates with the document they have given you. We have a guide on locations in our help centre here that you can read through and it will help you get everything set up.

You can also set up 'custom fulfilment' within Shopify providing your dropshipper has an email address. That way, whenever you mark an item or complete order as fulfilled in your Shopify admin, the fulfilment service is sent an email with all the order information so that they can fulfil it for you. To activate this:

We also have a helpful guide on this here that you can read and follow the steps to get this set up too. I hope this helps but please let me know if you need anything else. Don't forget to check out our Shopify Academy, we have so many free short courses that are really informative. You can enrol at any time here!

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thanks for the great help Lulu!

I've been trying to upload the files the supplier sent me and kept getting errors. I then sent the master file to Google green sheets and created a new csv spreadsheet and imported it there successfully. But when I imported the new Google csv into the Products Import page in Shopify I got this error... Selected column types Invalid CSV Header: Missing headers: Title.

Then I tried to import it on the Inventory page and I got this error... Invalid CSV Header: Missing headers Handle, Option1 Value, Option2 Value, Option3 Value

I have a feeling this is going to be more complicated than I expected because of how different the supplier's csv template might be from the Shopify. Need help please? Thanks!
Patricia
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ponytail11 

Shopify's new shipping settings have the option to set the shipping cost for individual products.  I think it is the best solution for you. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
1 Like