Calculating shipping for a new ecommerce site

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi.

I'd like to start my first ecommerce business. I have a solid niche with a relatively large audience I'd like to target, have the products at hand and the pricing strategy figured out. The one thing I'm still unable to understand is how shipping actually works - when I buy products online, from shops of all shapes and sizes, shipping is either free above a certain order-value, or it's somewhere within the range of €1 to €30, depending on the size, weight, and the country to which I order.

Looking into how I will be shipping my products now, I see nothing but extremely expansive options that make it seem a bit unreal - I'd like to ship items ranging from 1 to 5 kg each from Croatia to Germany. When going over the prices available online from applicable carriers, I only get quotes starting at 30-40 euros, going all the way up to 200. 

For instance - checking DHL's numbers, for a small package of 2kg in weight I get the cheapest cost at around €127.

How is this possible? how do you actually ship products then?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 2

For instance - checking DHL's numbers, for a small package of 2kg in weight I get the cheapest cost at around €127.

How is this possible? how do you actually ship products then?

That's totally wong shipping rates, I dont know the shipping rates overseas but in China it starts $18/0.5kg, the overseas should be more expensive but doesnt upto that much.

Another point is if your product value isnt too much you do not have to offer dhl shipping because seldomly people willing to pay the shipping fee higher than products. Just do more research on goods weight volume and shipping to calculate your profit margin before running ads.

China order fulfillment agent, 1688 dropshipping suppliers, www.86deal.com
0 Likes