Can I charge us clients in USD and Canadians in CAD

2 0 0

Hi,

Im new to shopify and ready to move my store however in my current site the payment method is set up in a way that if you are a US based IP you will get charged in USD and if you are CA based IP you will get charged in CAD...

what would be the best solution on shopify to be able to do the same?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 155

Hi there, Annette,

Unfortunately not, Shopify Payments and most other gateways only allow you to charge in a single currency, so while you can show customers a price in another currency (like the one in this tutorial) you can't charge in more than one.

Hope that helps :)

0 Likes
2 0 0

Is it possible to link them? (Domain.ca and domain.com)

or do I have to run 2 diffrent stores? 

in other words can I set it up in a way that if you are an  IP based in

Canada and you click on domain.com it will re-direct you to domain.ca? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 0 18

Hi Annette, 

Jamie here from Shopify. You should be able to set up IP based redirects. This Shopify Doc touches on this subject, but this is not a Shopify Supported Customization. You will want to speak with a developer that has a deeper understanding of this process. There are lots of third party developers for hire at experts.shopify.com that should have no trouble with this customization. 

If you were looking to run two distinct stores with different currencies at the checkout, these will need to be two distinct stores from the Shopify side. Feel free to reach us 24/7 regarding pricing options if you were looking to move forward with this, or if you had any oustanding questions or concerns. 

You can also check out Stitch Labs, as they have a handy tool for managing multiple inventoreis if you have multiple stores. 

Cheers!

Jamie | support@shopfiy.com 

0 Likes