Can I dropship with only paypal?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am interested in starting a dropshipping store and I was wondering if I could run the store with only a personal paypal account. Please help, thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
150 8 35

I'm wondering the same.  Chinabrands only accepts PayPal, Payoneer, and bank transfer.  They're one of the few suppliers I'm trying to dropship from, and so far I haven't gotten everything set in place to accept orders with correct shipping and taxes calculated automatically at checkout.  One post I saw said PayPal only allows orders for dropshipping when $3,000 in sales is met!?  It had to do with an online store built in Zambia though, so I don't know if it's applicable to dropshipping from China to the U.S.  I only have a PayPal personal account, I think, to do dropshipping from Chinabrands.  However, CB is not completely integrated with Shopify, 'out of the box', in terms of inventory updating and shipping calculation.  I'll see a shipping rate for a product in the Chinabrands (CB) app, and then when I try a test order in my store, it picks the wrong rate (one offered by CB but not the default and lowest cost and fastest) or I can't exactly match the shipping cost of the product by adding a rate based on price or weight.  This is a logistics maze and I keep running into a non-exit / non-solution.  It's a wonder that Shopify isn't more merchant-friendly regarding all this shipping and synchronization with Shopify App Store apps.  It's like I should simply start an ebay or amazon store and do dropshipping from those platforms.  It'd be easier and faster, and there's tons of free traffic.

0 Likes