Can I make Phone Number mandatory during ordering?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

We are a clothing store based in India, shipping internationally using DTDC for domestic shipments and DHL for international shipments. Both these couriers require the phone number of the recipient when they pick up the consignment from us. This is required by them, in case they need to get in touch with the customer to coordinate delivery.

Hence, we need to make “Phone Number” as a mandatory field during ordering. Can I do this?.

Thanks!
Rasmi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
57 0 3

Hi Rasmi,

Ruairi here from Shopify :)

You can make the phone number mandatory during the checkout process by selecting Phone Number 'Required' in the 'Form Options' on your Checkout settings page like this: https://screenshot.click/16-47-j3rd7-d68ya.jpg

There are more details on how to do this in our manual page on Customer Field Settings: https://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/checkout/customer-field-settings

- Ruairi H

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

This does not seem to be an option any more. I can either choose customers to checkout using their email or choose between giving them the option to enter either the email or phone number. What we need though is the phone number to be a mandatory field. What can we do that?
Nora

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yeah the option no longer exists... would be nice if you could force BOTH email and phone number. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2471 129 406

Currently if you insist on having both you need to collect this on the cart page for the online store, and not allow checkout until it's provided.

Or require accounts and modify the customer templates before checkout even happens.

Similar to an age gate or agree to terms customization.

If you are on shopifyPlus checkout customization may then be an option.

Keep in mind at all times that collecting a phone number is not the same as verifying a number.

Merchants that require this customization for their stores cart or product pages can contact me at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com with store url,theme, and use case details.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes