Can I only accept paypal as a payment option

Pam77
Visitor
1 0 0

I opened an account with shopify. I have the paid plan. I would like to disable the credit card option in payments. I ONLY want to accept paypal for my store. Someone please help me do this.

Replies 9 (9)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi, there!

This is Ren from the Shopify support team. I can certainly help with this.

To disable a payments gateway you need to navigate to Settings > Payment Providers and from there you can select which gateway to deactivate. For example, if you wish to deactivate Shopify Payments just hit Edit and scroll down to deactivate.  That will remove the credit card payment option from the checkout. Before doing so, be sure your PayPal gateway is connected - otherwise there will be no checkout options available to customers.

What is prompting you to only want to use PayPal's checkout? Did you know that as a bonus of having Shopify Payments active at the same time as PayPal you can avoid PayPal transaction fees

I hope I've been able to help - would love to know your thoughts!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

hoovdini
Tourist
6 0 4

It’s probably because Shopify does an abysmal job at fighting chargebacks.  Paypal has much better protection from sellers and doesn’t use Stripe as the payment processor (which doesn’t allow you to fight a lost chargeback.)  It’s really not a mystery why a merchant wouldn’t want to accept credit cards.

RacquetWorld
Visitor
2 0 0

Yes exactly Shopify is shit when it comes to fighting chargebacks even when they are supplied with emails and message confirmations for orders they still dont protect their sellers.  No one should use shopify pay ever. waste of time and loss of money

crunchymama
Visitor
2 0 0

I want to only use paypal also. Shopify takes way too long to get my money. Paypal has my money instantly and I can transfer to my bank immediately with a small fee even on weekends.

Shopify needs to speed up money transfers or have the option to transfer same day. If this is possible and ive just missed it can you please help me?

crunchymama
Visitor
2 0 0

I am not able to deactivate, please help. It saying I cant deactivate because I have an outstanding balance on shopify capital. I just signed up for the shopify credit but have not used it, Is that was its refering to?

Patty_Dunn
Visitor
3 0 0

Let me tell you why I will be disabling shopify payments. Because they accept CC that try 10 times and then I have to go in and place all these fraud rules EVERY TIME - this has continued to for over a month now - call shopify?  no phone number - 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Patty_Dunn

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some trouble using Shopify Payments. I'd love to help you out and offer some clarification here. When you say "they accept CC that try 10 times" do you mean that a customer has experienced a failed order multiple times? 

Which fraud rules are you placing that are causing you issues? Typically, these are in place as protective measures. You may be interested in some of these Fraud Protection apps to help automate the process for you. 

As far as getting in touch with a Support Advisor, you can login and seek assistance through our help desk here, though I am here to assist as well. Looking forward to your response. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

RacquetWorld
Visitor
2 0 0

shopify pay is shit. you offer retailers zero protection and cause us grief.  I am unable to deactivate shopify pay from my site which is **bleep**

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2327 454 397

Hey @RacquetWorld 

Thanks for reaching out on this thread.

You can disable the Shopify Pay on your online store by navigating Settings > Shopify Payments > Manage > Uncheck Shop Pay. We do have a great step-by-step guide available here to deactivate Shop Pay.

If you are experiencing issues with deactivating the Shop Pay feature, you can reach out to our live support by navigating to our Help Center. When you arrive on the Help Center, you will need to let the virtual assistant be aware that you would like to Speak with Support and you will be connected with a Support Advisor accordingly.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog