Can I remove country, state, and city on the checkout page?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I am targeting only one non-US country and my customer does not need to enter Country, State, and City as the shipping address. Is there any way to hide/remove/disable Country, State, and City on the checkout page?

I tried modifying shipping zones (having only my target country) but it still shows Country, Province, and City.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 34

Hi there, Tony!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out today.

Whenever a specific Country is chosen within the Checkout, the required fields for the shipping address will update automatically based on the Countries requirements. For example, choosing Canada in the Country section will replace State with Province. Modifying your shipping zones to include your one target Country is the best way to ensure only the appropriate options display for your customers. Based on your information, the Country, Province, and City are most likely required to properly ship the product. If you try to remove all of the provinces from the shipping zone, you will receive the following error:

May I ask why your customers will not be required to enter in their province or city? If you're planning on doing local pickups, there are two options for this. Manually create a Draft Order with your customer's information and invoice them yourself. Or, you can use an app like Local Pickup + Delivery to better facilitate this type of transaction.

Feel free to follow back up if you have more questions!

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Anders,

Thank you for your response and here are why I want to remove/hide them.

For Country, I don't need "Country" drop-down menu since I am targeting only one country.

For province and city, there are names of province and city but they should be in all one line. For example, it is like "California State Los Angeles City 1234 Main St." in one line (not in separated text boxes).

Can I at least hide Country, Province, and/or City on the page?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

One more issue with Province and City: Some provinces are cities. So, asking to enter City doesn't make sense for certain provinces.

Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 34

Hi again, Tony!

To address your first question: while the text fields for customer information are separate in the first step of the checkout, once the order has been placed, the customer information will be saved as one line similar to your example. For reference, I've placed a test order on my own store to show how the customer's shipping and billing address will appear:

To maintain our PCI Compliance for your customer's security, the checkout cannot be modified beyond a few cosmetic options which you can find your store's settings (Settings > Checkout > Form Options). In the cases where the Province and City are the same, so long as you are still able to fulfill the order and your shipping service can properly read the shipping address, you shouldn't run into any troubles!

I'll be here if you have more questions on that. ?

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes