Can I run this by using my American friend's info from Turkey as a non us citizen?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey, I'm from turkey, neither paypal nor stripe are availabe here but I have a friend in US, can I use shopify payment method by using his bank account and SSN or something?

I mean, I will own the store, I will pay shopify from turkey, but use shopify payment method with his bank account and SSN, is that possible?

If that is possible, I'm gonna have to select US as country even tho I'm the actual owner not living there, might that be a problem?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
235 0 23

Hey Delly!

I'm Daryoush - on the extraordinary Guru team! :)

Great question! As you may already know, Shopify Payments is currently available in selected countries, specifically, the U.S, Canada, UK, Australia, Ireland and New Zealand. If your friend is a U.S resident and has a physical U.S bank account, they may be eligible to use Shopify Payments, however there isn't a way to guarantee this, because the store would not technically be in their name. In other words, the account owner listed on file should be from the U.S, and there may be issues if we see the account owner logging in from Turkey. You can definitely try this and if there are any issues, our team will reach out to you to inform you about the next steps. Please take a look at this link for the Shopify Payments FAQ.

As a side note, I have moved your post from "Accounting and Taxes" to the "Payments, Shipping & Fulfillment" forum.

I hope this helps and have a lovely day!

Cheers,
Daryoush

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, am having the same issue and have the same solution. One of our partner is in California but our store is in Pakistan. So will it be ok to use his PayPal account. He isn’t registered as the website owner so will it be fine?

0 Likes