Can I set different rates for USPS First Class and Priority?

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi,

We ship domestic with USPS. We'd like to offer FREE USPS First Class, but charge for USPS Priority Mail.

How can I do this with Calculated rates? It wants the same discount for all the services.

shopify-usps-rates.JPG

Things I've tried:

1) If I make USPS First Class or Priority a non-calculated service (e.g. price-based), it does not list the transit time.

2) I cannot make another shipping zone with the same locations.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
41 0 19
So you want to offer free first class and charge full price for priority? Or are you looking to charge the difference between priority and FC to upgrade shipping?
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I'd like to offer First Class for free and set a discount on Priority (maybe 30%).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Doing this directly may not be possible as you rightly pointed out that carrier calculated rates have a single place from where you can adjust the price. There is no way to adjust the cost of each service. However, using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app, you can adjust the cost of each service such that Priority can be displayed with 30% discount and First class is Free. Moreover, once you start using the app, the team can quickly introduce the delivery estimate feature.

0 Likes