Can I ship only certain collections?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there! We're looking at starting to ship products from our store but I don't know the best way to start!

We have around 2000 products currently which were marked as not physical products when entered into Shopify. We have started to mark products as physical and enter their weights, but this is a slow process for us. 

As we enter weights and mark products as physical we are putting them into collections, based on vendors if that's helpful!

We want to start shipping as soon as possible - ideally before BFCM - and I wondered if there was a way to only allow shipping for orders that contain products whole from certain collections? 

Any help is very appreciated! Thank you in advance...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
607 30 97

Hi, Maria!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

You can set shipping rates per product/collection with the help of an app. At the moment, this is not something that can be done natively from the Shopify admin, as we can only offer rates on all products based on either weight or price. The following apps will help you out - 

* Better Shipping
* Advanced Shipping Rules

These apps do cost a monthly price depending on the plan you choose within the app. You would also need a feature called Carrier Calculated Shipping in order for these apps to function correctly. Carrier Calculated Shipping displays real-time rates at the checkout, meaning you would get the best rates of the day. For example, if you had shipping set at $10, the best rate that day might be $7, so you would pay less in Shipping. 

Feel free to contact our support lines to learn more about how to add this feature to your plan! (support@shopify.com)

Let me know what you think, I'd be happy to keep chatting with you here :)

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes