Can I use Shopify Payments AND a subscription app?

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

If I already use Shopify as my payment porcessor, must I switch to Authorize.net or one of the other porcesors in order to use a subscription/membership payment app? Is there any app that does this but works with Shopify payments?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 21

Hey Kathryn, 

I'm Zuzanna, from the team here at Shopify :)

Right now, the way most recurring subscription apps work is they allow you to keep Shopify Payments as your main payment provider, this will be used for any purchases that aren't recurring within your store. Then they also allow you to set up a payment provider that works with their specific app, along with Shopify Payments. Essentially, you will have two payment providers working alongside each other on your store, one for non-subscription based products and the other for subscription based products. 

These apps are all created by third party developers, so if you had any more questions about how that set up works, you can reach out to them directly. Here are some of the apps that will let you do this: 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here :) 

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Got it. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

So if I am using Recharge which doesn't use Shopify payments for the recurring payments will that get charged the 2% transaction fee from Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

We are considering using Bold to support subscription sales.  You suggest that Bold will allow more than one payment gateway.  However, their FAQs indicate only one gateway is allowed.  Are you incorrect in your assertion, or is there another way to achieve this result?

0 Likes