Can Paypal come up later in process

Highlighted
7 0 0

On my cart when you hit Checkout it takes you to a checkout page.  At the top is GPAY and Paypal.  Then it asks you to fill in details.  To me this looks like you can ONLY pay by Gmail or GPAY - can you remove these here and show them only once person has completed details?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi Colin, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. I double checked this with our theme support team for you. It is possible to have Paypal and GPay represented on the next page of the checkout process, but just not as a button as you have shown in your screenshot. Once you have activated Paypal Express in your payments it will show up. You can see how it will look in the screenshot below:

You can have the buttons either appear at the cart stage of the process or where you showed in the picture you linked in your post, but it can only appear in one or the other, and not any other page. It would be completely up to you how you want to have this set out then. I know it might not be ideal to not have the GPay/ Paypal checkout button in that section of the checkout but it does not mean you can't have GPay/ Paypal past where you want it to be. 

Hope that helps explain this for you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

OK I checked another few Shopify websites who have this set up so when you checkout on 1st screen it just asks you for the address etc etc and then it takes you to the next page and there is a Paypal option.  How do I configure this?  I re-activated paypal BUT the button is till on 1st page as well as the set up on your image..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi Colin, 

Just to confirm to make sure we're both on the same page. Do you want to remove the Payal Checkout button from the customer information page as seen below:

As you have it set now where the customers can purchase via Paypal on the final payment page of the checkout as seen below?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers, Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

YES, I want to remove ithe button from the customer information page BUT still want the option to pay paypal on the payment method screen

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

ANY JOY ???????????

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi Colin, 

To get the PayPal tab onto final checkout and nowhere else, you will need to enable it as a payment method in your settings seen below:

This will then add it to the first and second checkout screens, which you have said you don't want. To remove it from the first checkout screen, you will need to add some code to the theme to display the button on the cart screen instead. Then to hide it from the cart screen, you will need to add some CSS code to hide the button display. There is a help document from Shopify on this going through all the steps on how to do it which you can see here

Just to note, this is a Shopify Supported tutorial and the theme you are using is a Shopify developed theme, so if you are uncomfortable with making any of the changes, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team directly about this for any further/ direct help from the link here

Hope this helps make the process more clear for you and guides you on any next best steps for this. 

Any other questions, just let me know. 

All the best, Nick

0 Likes