Can customer select services and then be invoiced after we complete?

6 0 0

I am setting up a store for services--customers select the service that they want done from our "products" (which are not real products nor digital products). We would like to send an invoice with a link Shopify payment after we complete the project. 

Right now it seems like the closest approach to doing that is for us to create a draft order, do the project, then send an invoice and convert it to an order. But what I really want is to have the customer select "pay later" and have the order they create sent to us as a draft order. I don't want lay away apps or apps meant to encourage customers to buy now and pay later--these are large organizations that want an invoice with 30-day payment after we complete the project.

I tried setting up a custom payment, but that just makes an order with "unpaid" (which is fine), and no way to send an invoice with links to Shopify payments.

Would an invoicing app help with this? The ones I look at seem to be geared to sending pdf invoices after the payment, but maybe I missed the one that would actually be useful here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 43 92

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I have done some looking based on your requests and the thing that I am thinking would be the best for you is to add an app like Form Builder to your site. This will then allow your customers to order the product without purchasing anything immediately and after you received the forum you could then make a draft order. There isn't a way for a form builder to directly create a draft order.

Based on what I am understanding of your post this is a very customized request so this option might not work either. If that is the case I will make a merchant frustration to let the development team know exactly what you're needing. If it isn't an option that would work for you please let me know exactly why this wouldn't work so that I can add as much detail as I can to the merchant frustration. I can't say when or if this feature would be added, but adding customized feedback like this really does help us to improve the platform with things that are important to merchants like yourself.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a solution where I don't create the draft order. That is what I am doing now with Wordpress/Quickbooks, and we get too many orders to keep up. I am hoping to see the order (unpaid and unfulfilled) created by the customer, and then invoice for payment after we complete...ideally with just a click or two!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 43 92

I completely understand. When you're dealing with a large number of orders it isn't practical to have to put all that work in for one order. 

We don't currently have that feature associated with our platform, but I do agree with you and I think that that is a very good suggestion. What I am going to do is do the merchant frustration so I can let our development team know about this. May I get your store URL? 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes