Can not pay to activate my store!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1637 99 357

@Prince1 

If you see the error "too many attempts" that means your IP address has been flagged for too many login attempts or payment attempts. The IP block is not something we can remove, and would require that you wait 24 hours from your last attempt. If you attempt to log in / process payment during the 24 hours, it will restart the timer, and require that you wait another 24 hours. 

The block is only connected to your IP, meaning, if you switch locations, or devices & internet connections, then you should be able to log in / process a payment as usual. You may want to consider resetting your password if you continue having issues logging in. If the issue is with your payment, then you may want to try using a different credit card or using Paypal to pay for the outstanding invoice.

If the 24 hour period passes and you're still having issues, please let me know. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm facing with the same issue, even though I can't access to my page again to see what thing is wrong, because I entered my credit correctly, and I already tried 4 stores and all were failed, I got error message like this.93113307_3409624885719126_9164871932288434176_o.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1637 99 357

@jacky85 

The issue you're experiencing will require an escalation up to our Accounts team. I would advise against creating a new store until the issue with your current store(s) is resolved as you may continue experiencing the issue until our teams have reviewed the account(s) further. I have sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support." Please reply to that email with the requested information so I can escalate this up for further review. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

i am from India and my business is in USA i want to pay using my Indian credit card with a USA biling address. 

but it says that only standard credit cards accepted. so could you please brief me with the process

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1637 99 357

@kamaldeep 

When using a credit card, it will require that it is issued by a bank with a line of credit on one of the major credit card networks (Visa, Mastercard, etc). As you're trying to pay for a subscription that is cross borders you'll also want to ensure your credit card supports international recurring transactions. In the end, if you're still unable to add your card to the account then you would need to use a different card. If all else fails, then updating your billing address on the account to reflect India will give you the option to pay via Paypal instead of a credit card.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Alex, Im currently having the same issue. Repeatedly been trying to contact the recovery team to get the balance paid to unfreeze my store. Need this sorted TODAY please

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1637 99 357

@pfrvintage 

If your store is currently locked by the Recovery team, then it will require waiting for them to review your emails and provide the next steps. They work Monday - Friday which can cause a delay in hearing back which could be in addition to a high ticket volume; however, they typically try to respond within 24-72 business hours. They should hopefully be following up with you today now that they are back in the office. 

0 Likes