Can shopify only use Paypal for Payment?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, i'm new in shopify and want to learn about the whole payment setting.

Can i just setting only paypal (Paypal Express Checkout) for my shop?

I'm playing with my trial right now, and want to test payment for paypal, and i got this pop-up message :

asd.jpg

is that possible if i'm not use or input Credit Cards in shopify?

I want to launch and select plan, but i'm very struggling in this step.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Ceresax,

You can use only PayPal as the payment gateway on either the Basic Shopify, Shopify and Advanced Shopify plans. The fees charged will be 2%, 1% and 0.5% respectively on top of any fees charged by PayPal. Once you have chosen your plan and entered your credit card that error will go away. On the Lite plan or the trial you use Shopify's payment gateway.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 49

Hi, @ceresax.

Morgan here fro the Social Team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out, and for including a screenshot. To answer your main question: Yes, you can absolutely just use PayPal as the gateway for your shop. The reason you are seeing this error is because the checkout can't be enabled until a plan is selected. This is so we know exactly what features you need to start selling. If you are still just testing things out, that's not a problem because if you choose a plan during your trial you aren't committed to anything or charged until the trial is over.

In terms of the best gateway option for your business, PayPal is a great option for customers and seller security. As well, it's a household/ recognized name which will build trust with your customers. Depending on where you are located however, I would also enable a traditional credit card gateway. I advise this because not all shoppers know you can checkout on PayPal without a PayPal account, and may be deterred if they think they need to create a PayPal account to checkout, if they don't already have one.

If you are in a supported country, Shopify Payments would be a great option to add to your shop. This is because enabling Shopify Payments will void any transaction fees that we would normally be charged for third party gateways such as PayPal. As long as Shopify Payments is activated, any transactions (even ones completed on PayPal or another gateway) will not have Shopify transaction fees. This can save you around 2% of your sales!

To see if Shopify Payments is an option for you and your shop feel free to check out the requirements here.

Aside from gateway concerns, how is the rest of your shop setup going? I'd love to hear how it's coming along and if there's anything we can assist or offer guidance on.

Chat soon!

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for the information.

-----

In other case, i must pay with credit card to select plan in shopify?

or there is other way to purchase plan with paypal?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 49

Great to hear from you, @ceresax

Yes, unfortunately you do need to use a credit card to choose a plan, and pay the Shopify subscription. This is because Shopify plans require your card to have international payments and recurring charges enabled. Generally speaking, only credit cards have this ability, other methods may not go through successfully or could be blocked by your bank. 

Let me know if you have any questions on this! 

Cheers,

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

How can I set it up so that we get paid through exclusively paypal? We do not have a mutual bank account for our business yet but we do have the paypal and I am wondering how I can set it up so we can recieve all payouts through paypal.

1 Like