Can someone please help in adding a custom message to my refund notification?

itsham
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

I am on my test order's page and I click on "Refund"

I'm typing in a message in the "Reason for refund (optional)" field.

But even if I add {{ custom_message }} in the refund order email notification template it doesn't appear in the email I receive.

I've tried using {{ note }} as well but it still doesn't work?

I just want the customer to see the reason why we have refunded them in the email after we input it into the "Reason for refund (optional)" field.

Thanks

0 Likes
Lisa
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 3 63

Hi, there!

Lisa here from the Shopify Support Staff. 

The Reason for Refund is an internal field that only you will see. The instructions for adding a custom field for the template here, are only for the following templates:

• abandoned checkout
  • contact customer
  • customer activation
  • draft order invoice

Unfortunately, the refund notification does not have a setting from our admin to write a personal message to the customer. The refund notification is more of a receipt showing the transaction that has occurred with the money being returned. 

It's not ideal, but perhaps in the wording on the refund notification, you can edit the text to provide your email or contact number so if they have any enquires or would like to order something else they can clearly see how to contact you. 

If the main reason you're refunding is that the item is no longer available, or out of stock, it's always a good idea to send the customer a personal email so you can have a dialogue about the return. In the case that they'd like to order something else in its place - you can offer a discount code for the fixed dollar amount that their order was!

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions!

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Robert20
Tourist
25 0 1

Hello,

Have you tried Printout Designer?

It allows you to create custom packing slips and other printout designs (such as refund orders). You can also automatically e-mail invoices, packing slips and other printouts when orders are created, paid or fulfilled - without the trouble of coding.
You can check it out here: https://apps.shopify.com/printout-designer

Hope it helps ,
Robert

0 Likes
MarcoM0857
Excursionist
14 0 9

Please you must implement this IMPORTANT and frankly SIMPLE to implement feature!
All we need is to communicate and specify to the customer the reasoning of the refund. It is a VERY BASIC need.