Can't Issue Store Credit To Customer Accounts? What?

Tourist
5 0 1

I'd certainly be interested!

0 Likes
1 0 0

I honestly think it's too expensive to pay $10 and up for an app just to be able to issue store credit!

0 Likes
Tourist
34 0 2

I'm still working on my pricing model. I am planning on offering just manual store-credit handling for much less. Unfortunately there are costs and usage that have to be taken into account. I have to pay for my servers so it's not like I can offer the service for free and unless Shopify builds it in and makes it available to your store level you won't have access to the service if its something you need.

It's tough because one store could have thousands of daily users and another shop could have only a few hits a day. The app integrates with the front-end to allow your Customers to use their credit. Basically every single request that hits your shop also hits my server. 

Reward yourself and your Customers.
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi everyone,

A development partner of mine over at Bytestand have been working on a proper store Credit App for almost a year now and we finally have submitted it for beta to the App Store!  Check it out here: https://apps.shopify.com/fresh-credit/  Give it a shot and let us know your feedback so we can start improving the app!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Greg & Jesse,

It looks like your store credit solutions work no only for in-store POS, but specifically for online e-commerce in a regular shopify store?   Would you mind sharing some insight on how your solutions work internally from a developers perspective?

In some examples I see that the points can be applied in cart and it shows as a discount applied.

It looks like you're managing the points on your back end, and then issuing coupons in real time for that amount to act as a store credit solution - very cool!  Does that roughly describe the mechanims you're using (eg. discount codes created on the fly)  or is it using shopify gift cards internally?  

0 Likes
Tourist
34 0 2

Hey Mike,

Rewardify doesn't maintain a 'points' amount. We track actual currency amounts, but you are correct in that we convert the amount (either automatically in real-time, or as the customer demands) into a discount. Gift Cards are not utilized at all.

On ShopifyPOS, Rewardify offers the ability to use both Discounts (the same solution as Online) or the ability to use the native Store Credit payment option.

Thanks and don't hesitate to ask anymore questions :)

Jesse

Reward yourself and your Customers.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
108 0 13

Hey Mike,

So Fresh Credit doesn't use points, codes, coupons, vouchers or anything in between. Its all cash. We are unique in that way. There are no codes, just cash. And the customers can carry a balance, as well as use all or just a portion of their credit. Its not a one time use of anything, its just cash.

And yes its for online shops only as Shopify doesn't provide that feature.

Pretty cool.. Let us know if that makes sense!

Thanks
Todd

ByteStand - Amazon to Shopify in one click
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 4

This has been a huge setback for me as well.

I'm new to the ecommerce world, what other platforms are similar to shopify that do offer this store credit option?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Could a possible workaround to this be to offer the customer a discount code specific to them, in the amount refunded, good for one use only?  You could also make the code good for only a specific amount of time....

*Edit: I do see that apparently there is no way to issue a discount code to a specific customer email...although maybe I'm missing it.  To me, this would be an easy workaround rather than developing an entire "store credit" system.   Simply allow one to issue a discount code to a specific email address.  The rest is there:  restrict to one use only, specify an amount, expiration date if desired.  

Currently the only option I see here would be to offer the code to a certain 'group' of customers in the discounts drop down box, but to make the code ridiculous enough to not be guessed by anyone else other than the specific customer you want to have it (i.e.; code AKSjfdj83273$$@3 or something).  You can lower your overall risk here by clicking the 'Limit number of times this discount can be used in total' box and entering 1.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
265 0 21

One thing people should check as well is the ecommerce regulations that apply to them.

I've lost count of the number of sellers I've seen on different forums complaining about not being able to issue credit (yes there are many other carts other than Shopify that can't do it) but they are based in countries where offering credit for returned items is not allowed except under a very small number of circumstances which rarely apply.

0 Likes